Elden ring - PC or PS5

Ayush008

Hello everyone....

Hope you all r doing well..

Stay safe and healthy.

As we all know that within some few hours finally we can put our hands on from software masterpiece-elden ring. Many of us including me are pretty much confused regarding playing this masterpiece on which platform....?

I don't have any friends who play video games.So I don't have any issue to play it either on pc or ps5.

I have a decent PC rig but at the same time I really love the gamplay on ps5 thanks to haptic feedback.

Please feel free to share me your opinions.

Were you going to play it with a controller anyway? If so might as well get the ps5 version. If not idk flip a coin let luck decide.

I would choose the PS5 version if you don't mind playing it with a controller and want the haptic feedback.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

I watched the Iron pineapple review of the game after 60 hours, and the only performance issue on PC was occasional small lag spikes in the overworld, likely due to loading zones. Might get patched out in the day 1 patch.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

I watched the Iron pineapple review of the game after 60 hours, and the only performance issue on PC was occasional small lag spikes in the overworld, likely due to loading zones. Might get patched out in the day 1 patch.

Thnx @Fasauceome,

For sharing your opinion. So according to you I should buy it on pc...?

Because I was thinking to take advantage of haptic feedback. 

If we talk about graphics, i guess from software game's r not that much graphic demanding so thier will be not much  difference.. I guess 

If we talk about gameplay, I don't have any idea...

1 hour ago, Ayush008 said:

Thnx @Fasauceome,

For sharing your opinion. So according to you I should buy it on pc...?

Because I was thinking to take advantage of haptic feedback. 

If we talk about graphics, i guess from software game's r not that much graphic demanding so thier will be not much  difference.. I guess 

If we talk about gameplay, I don't have any idea...

The PS5 should be able to deliver a fine experience in terms of graphics. For gameplay recording, I'm pretty sure the play station has a built in recording feature, correct? So that shouldn't be a problem either.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

The PS5 should be able to deliver a fine experience in terms of graphics. For gameplay recording, I'm pretty sure the play station has a built in recording feature, correct? So that shouldn't be a problem either.

Yea, that's true.....

The only thing I'm concerned about is cross- play. Wondering how many players are gonna be there for simulation.....!!

Dont want to miss pro players like you :-))) for help.  

Bdw is it more difficult than ds....?

6 hours ago, Ayush008 said:

Yea, that's true.....

The only thing I'm concerned about is cross- play. Wondering how many players are gonna be there for simulation.....!!

Dont want to miss pro players like you :-))) for help.  

Bdw is it more difficult than ds....?

I have heard it is more difficult in some ways but the gameplay is more expanded and the open world makes the game a lot more accessible

Primary PC:

I decided to go with PC/Steam version due to their 14 day/2 hour return policy. I have utilized it in the past so I know it's hassle free. If this game lives up to the hype, I have been known to own multiple copies on different platforms like Skyrim for example. Good luck and have fun!

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Update:

I started playing it myself and it's an amazing experience, even after just an hour I can see the immense depth that lies beneath the surface, and the areas that I have explored so far have so much to offer that it makes my head spin. Just a lot to look forward to, dark souls veteran or not.

Primary PC:

6 hours ago, Gix7Fifty said:

I decided to go with PC/Steam version due to their 14 day/2 hour return policy. I have utilized it in the past so I know it's hassle free. If this game lives up to the hype, I have been known to own multiple copies on different platforms like Skyrim for example. Good luck and have fun!

Thnx @Gix7Fifty,

For sharing your opinion. Your explanation is quite logical and practical. You forced me to re-evaluate the assumption. Lol 

2 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Update:

I started playing it myself and it's an amazing experience, even after just an hour I can see the immense depth that lies beneath the surface, and the areas that I have explored so far have so much to offer that it makes my head spin. Just a lot to look forward to, dark souls veteran or not.

Wow.... after reading your review. I'm hyped about it. Bdw is it more difficult than ds..? 

And my second question is it better than bloodborne..!!

5 hours ago, Ayush008 said:

Wow.... after reading your review. I'm hyped about it. Bdw is it more difficult than ds..? 

And my second question is it better than bloodborne..!!

I don't think it's more difficult than the average souls game, at least not at first. Though I did get trapped in an area that was extremely challenging, had a blast though. (Remember, once you find a site of grace you can travel to it at any time using the map. Wish I knew that...)

Better than Bloodborne? Hard to say. A lot of my friends swear that Bloodborne is the best by far, though I'm a huge fan of dark souls 3. There is definitely a lot to appreciate, they mastered their ability to create a beautiful fantasy atmosphere and I can really feel the influence from Bloodborne. The only thing that really held Bloodborne back in my opinion was the poor performance due to being locked on PS4, and terrible multiplayer experience, so it's a bit hard to compare.

Primary PC:

2 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

I don't think it's more difficult than the average souls game, at least not at first. Though I did get trapped in an area that was extremely challenging, had a blast though. (Remember, once you find a site of grace you can travel to it at any time using the map. Wish I knew that...)

Better than Bloodborne? Hard to say. A lot of my friends swear that Bloodborne is the best by far, though I'm a huge fan of dark souls 3. There is definitely a lot to appreciate, they mastered their ability to create a beautiful fantasy atmosphere and I can really feel the influence from Bloodborne. The only thing that really held Bloodborne back in my opinion was the poor performance due to being locked on PS4, and terrible multiplayer experience, so it's a bit hard to compare.

Thnx @Fasauceome,

For giving me your feedback. Your feedback is really helpful and informative for me.

Waiting for bloodborne 2...... 

I tried it on my Xeon E3-1231v3 + GTX 1660 Super system and it was terrible, lots of stutter so extreme that FreeSync couldn't solve it and some that was so bad it resulted in actual slowdown like an old SNES game. I know my cpu is 8 years old but it was even doing this slowdown on an R5-3600 in Digital Foundry's testing. So I got it digitally on PS5 instead, though with the caveat I'm playing the PS4 version to get a steady 60 fps, might even be a locked 60 fps. You get the PS4 Pro version when you install the PS4 version on PS5, except at 60 fps instead of whatever low fps it can manage on the actual PS4 Pro. You don't get the tall grass though and shadows look worse. And the resolution is the half resolution 1800p checkerboarding, which of course doesn't look as good as the 1600p to 1800p dynamic resolution of performance mode on the PS5 native version. Still, it's not an enormous hit to visuals but is a huge improvement to performance playing the PS4 game in BC mode on PS5. As for the game itself, I am absolutely loving it. Playing a samurai build dual handing the uchigatana so I can do the sheathe attack which moves forward and does a lot of damage, plus bleed damage. Can't block nor parry any more without a shield but lets me play a really aggressive style like I loved in Bloodborne anyways so I'm good. As for better than Bloodborne? No way I could answer that yet. Bloodborne is my favorite game to come out this century.

Hoping the PS5 performance mode gets fixed to actually run at 60fps though so I can install it and migrate my PS4 gamesave to the PS5 version. But I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it, especially since I'm already waiting for a patch to fix the noisiness of Horizon Forbidden West PS5 on performance mode.