You can help find cure to cancer by playing this game

empleat

Summary

You can help scientists to find cure to cancer by playing this game, it is playable til the end of April 2022.

• Using a 3D analysis technique, we collect data to investigate which parts of the genome play a key role in the establishment and development of different types of cancer.
  • The more people collaborate, the faster we can make progress in this research. We are looking for 30,000 gamers to play a minimum of 50 games before the end of April 2022.
  • A specific reference genome for breast cancer will be a valuable tool to better understand how the genome works and to advance new treatments.

Humans can find better solutions than machines. Algorithms don’t always get it right. People can do better because the order of the pieces is something visual and we are better at this than algorithms.

My thoughts

You can play this on your Android device (above 4.4) or IOS. My smartphone has 4.3 version about 0.1 less LMAO... Looks interesting. Now for all people which are insecure about AI, you have your chance to show that you are smarter xDD

Sources

Story: Players needed to solve puzzles and help advance cancer research
Link to game: https://genigmagame.app/en/

6 minutes ago, empleat said:

FAH has breast cancer https://foldingathome.org/data/?lng=en BOINC not sure!

Ah see, didn't know about the FAH!
It's fantastic that we're seeing more things like this where you can contribute to research. 

Hm, this looks interesting:

https://genigmagame.app/en/

image.png.d41e2855238c2d949db7edc118265b5b.png

If I am reading this right, the game isn't just something pretty to look at while you donate processing power to research, the players are actually doing something by solving puzzles.
Gonna take a closer look at this, very interesting.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

1 hour ago, Biohazard777 said:

If I am reading this right, the game isn't just something pretty to look at while you donate processing power to research, the players are actually doing something by solving puzzles.

Similar to foldit, which is basically what folding@home is, by powered by people.

Kinda lame this new thing is for smartphones only though.

47 minutes ago, poochyena said:

Similar to foldit, which is basically what folding@home is, by powered by people.

Yeah I'm familiar with folding@home and distributed computing, but I wasn't aware there are games like the one mentioned in this thread and the one you mentioned (foldit) that utilize brain power rather than cpu / gpu.
As for foldit, damn I feel like I've been living under a rock, it has been out for a decade and actually has produced usable results.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

11 hours ago, Biohazard777 said:

Gonna take a closer look at this, very interesting.

While I was working with multiple sequence alignment research, I always wondered how the devil biologists could find what was important or not just by spotting a few patterns, but I guess question was answered. Let the plebs do it for them. xD

10 hours ago, Biohazard777 said:

Yeah I'm familiar with folding@home and distributed computing, but I wasn't aware there are games like the one mentioned in this thread and the one you mentioned (foldit) that utilize brain power rather than cpu / gpu.
As for foldit, damn I feel like I've been living under a rock, it has been out for a decade and actually has produced usable results.

Don't feel bad, its super niche, I've only ever seen it mentioned maybe one or twice ever. I think it was more popular a decade ago, before computers became so much more powerful that folding@home just became superior.

so this game to result was a thing, not sure when it started?

Maybe a bit before the 2010. so its not quite "new" in that sense, but still cool if it's a real program.

Also why there is a time limit? 😕

20 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Also why there is a time limit? 😕

Because deadlines. Studies can't always run forever, at some point you stop, analyse the data and evaluate if you have enough and/or if it's worthwhile to continue it.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

On 2/24/2022 at 1:12 PM, empleat said:

Summary

You can help scientists to find cure to cancer by playing this game, it is playable til the end of April 2022.

• Using a 3D analysis technique, we collect data to investigate which parts of the genome play a key role in the establishment and development of different types of cancer.
  • The more people collaborate, the faster we can make progress in this research. We are looking for 30,000 gamers to play a minimum of 50 games before the end of April 2022.
  • A specific reference genome for breast cancer will be a valuable tool to better understand how the genome works and to advance new treatments.

My thoughts

You can play this on your Android device (above 4.4) or IOS. My smartphone has 4.3 version about 0.1 less LMAO... Looks interesting. Now for all people which are insecure about AI, you have your chance to show that you are smarter xDD

Sources

Story: Players needed to solve puzzles and help advance cancer research
Link to game: https://genigmagame.app/en/

Naming the game would be a really informative and good start - I know the link is there but the clickbait-esk title is needless. 

For anybody else wondersing 'This game' is called Genigma