any alternatives for corsair 5000d airflow?

Nicolas Bossus

Hello comunity, i actually wanted the corsair 5000d airflow for my next case( but the 5000d airflow black version is out of stock, and dont like the white version), so you think there is any alternative with similar performance/airflow ( dust filters, more than 1 usb front panel etc?)

i hope you expert builders know some good models because my pc gets quite hot.

PC specs:

cpu ryzen 9 5900x

Cpu cooler: nh-d15s

mother: Aorus B550 master

gpu: RTX 3060ti gaming x trio 323mm

ram: trident z 16gb 3200mhz x2 (dual chanel)

psu: corsair RM 750 plus gold

actual case: corsair 4000d airflow ( with 3 noctua coolers 1 120mm and other 2 140mm)

What makes you want to upgrade to the 5k over the 4K? Aesthetics?

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

11 minutes ago, MrMcMuffinJr said:

What makes you want to upgrade to the 5k over the 4K? Aesthetics?

mostly because in the 5000d i saw a fan hub for more fans in the backside of the case, and in the upside of the case i have more space to put some coolers for exhaust fans.

and because the 4000d has only 1 usb 3.1 and at least want 2 usbs, besides i have less space for the fans in the upside of the case and my cpu cooler is big and almost doesnt have space for optimal airflow in the upside.

i have 2 fans for intake airflow and only 1 for exhaust.

Fractal Design Meshify S2 / Torrent, BQ Pure Base 500XD, Lian Li Lancool are great for Airflow.

be quiet! Silent Base 802 is a good option, a ton of options for configuration, can hold 7 fans stock (honestly all you really need before diminishing returns take over, and it's big enough that you can easily build anything you want in it. It's airflow isn't quite as good as the 5000D, but it's still very solid and I wouldn't be concerned about running even a 3090 in there. 

If you are in Canada, Memory Express has one left to order and on sale

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX00116177

Have the case and love it.

ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570**AMD Ryzen 5800X**16G Corsair Vengence RGB 3600Mhz **ASUS Strix RX6700XT OC**Corsair H150i RGB Platinum AIO**Samsung 2-2TB 970 EVO Plus m.2**2-860 2 1/2 EVO 1Tb SSD's**Creative Sound Blaster Z**Corsair HX1200i PSU w/Black sleeved corsair Cables**Corsair 5000D Airflow**BenQ XL2730Z 1440p 144Hz 27"**BenQ XL2720Z 27"**Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Keyboard**Roccat Kave 5.1 Gaming headset,Roccat Kone Pure Black Gaming mouse**Windows 10 PRO

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fractal Meshify 2

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

34 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

be quiet! Silent Base 802 is a good option, a ton of options for configuration, can hold 7 fans stock (honestly all you really need before diminishing returns take over, and it's big enough that you can easily build anything you want in it. It's airflow isn't quite as good as the 5000D, but it's still very solid and I wouldn't be concerned about running even a 3090 in there. 

im interested in that model too, it was the first alternative that i just searched afther the 5000d, butits stock in argentina is non existing

37 minutes ago, brob said:

Phanteks Eclipse P400A or P500A / P500A DRGB

i dont like the mesh front panels without a dust filter, because my house gets dusty in no time. the corsair cases has dust filters in the front. Thats because i want that case or a similar one.

the 5000d vs the corsair 4000d airflow wont be much different imo only really reason to go bigger is rad space, looks, or Brut force to cool a hot cpu/ gpu like a 3090...

18 minutes ago, Nicolas Bossus said:

i dont like the mesh front panels without a dust filter, because my house gets dusty in no time. the corsair cases has dust filters in the front. Thats because i want that case or a similar one.

the P400A or P500A / P500A DRGB

have a hybrid dust filter not really restrictive and not air flow making the dust stay on the out side of the case.

having a unrestricted front grill and an really restrictive mesh wont be us full there

but some case do have a unrestricted front grill and an unrestricted dust filter.

thow all filters will let some dust in all depends on how much cooling you want or need.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, Nicolas Bossus said:

The mesh is described as ultra fine that will capture dust particles. The front panel can be removed for cleaning.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

8 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

the 5000d vs the corsair 4000d airflow wont be much different imo only really reason to go bigger is rad space, looks, or Brut force to cool a hot cpu/ gpu like a 3090...

have a hybrid dust filter not really restrictive and not air flow making the dust stay on the out side of the case.

having a unrestricted front grill and an really restrictive mesh wont be us full there

but some case do have a unrestricted front grill and an unrestricted dust filter.

thow all filters will let some dust in all depends on how much cooling you want or need.

You mean for example, the 5000d has more restrictive airflow because of the filter?

And all phantecs or at least the mentioned before has more unrestricted dust filter but better airflow?

I believe i like the fractal design meshify2 better

11 hours ago, Middcore said:

Fractal Meshify 2

im really thinking that the meshify 2 is equal somehwat to the 5000d? but you think its better somehow ?

8 hours ago, Nicolas Bossus said:

You mean for example, the 5000d has more restrictive airflow because of the filter?

And all phantecs or at least the mentioned before has more unrestricted dust filter but better airflow?

I believe i like the fractal design meshify2 better

i was not talking about that 5000d case specifically but in general there's a balance of air flow vs dust filter. 

the 5000d and 4000d use less restrictive dust filters as well as a less restrictive front grill.

uses no filters as far as i no but not a restrictive front grill nor an less restrictive front grill. its in the middle but its better then an restrictive dust filter.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

57 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i was not talking about that 5000d case specifically but in general there's a balance of air flow vs dust filter. 

the 5000d and 4000d use less restrictive dust filters as well as a less restrictive front grill.

uses no filters as far as i no but not a restrictive front grill nor an less restrictive front grill. its in the middle but its better then an restrictive dust filter.

yes, now i understand what u re saying. But i the p series of phanteks can get dusty in not much time, thats the downside, the 4000d gets the dust filter quite dusty every week and cleaning up once in a week is ideal, if i use mesh front panel but without a filter, my pc will get too dirty ( i have a dog that loss hair often and sometimes i have to remove the hair)

if not for the dust filter, the hair will get more easily in the inside of my pc , or even the cpu cooler.

(and requires at least 2 times a years of internal cleaning)

4 hours ago, tkitch said:

Fractal Torrent?

i saw that steve from gamernexus put that case as the best overall of 2021.

but i already own 3 noctua fans for install in any case.

that case is more expensive than meshify 2 and im not sure of the proper fan configuration because of the back side fans.

3 minutes ago, Nicolas Bossus said:

yes, now i understand what u re saying. But i the p series of phanteks can get dusty in not much time, thats the downside, the 4000d gets the dust filter quite dusty every week and cleaning up once in a week is ideal, if i use mesh front panel but without a filter, my pc will get too dirty ( i have a dog that loss hair often and sometimes i have to remove the hair)

if not for the dust filter, the hair will get more easily in the inside of my pc , or even the cpu cooler.

(and requires at least 2 times a years of internal cleaning)

the front of the P400A or P500A / P500A DRGB  is the dust filter...is my point

9 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

the front of the P400A or P500A / P500A DRGB  is the dust filter...is my point

i know. I get your point of the airflow advantages you are naming, but the "natural" filter of the front panel desing of the phanteks arent as efective as aditional dust filter, and i really apretiate some balance between air and dust filter. i dont want my pc to get more dirty in leess time, but i apreatiate your observation, you cleared my ideas actually. 

5 minutes ago, Nicolas Bossus said:

i know. I get your point of the airflow advantages you are naming, but the "natural" filter of the front panel desing of the phanteks arent as efective as aditional dust filter, and i really apretiate some balance between air and dust filter. i dont want my pc to get more dirty in leess time, but i apreatiate your observation, you cleared my ideas actually. 

ok the grill + dust filter on the 5000d is less restrictive then the front of the P400A+ case there for the P400A+  will collect more dust...

Here, this are the best alternatives currently available in Argentina.

https://www.scphardstore.com/componentes-de-pc_2/gabinetes_1/163991-gabinete-cooler-master-mastercase-h500-argb_1.html

https://www.pcmodd.com.ar/MLA-907224161-gabinete-phanteks-eclipse-p500a-drgb-mesh-frontal-3-coolers-_JM

https://compragamer.com/producto/Gabinete_Lian_Li_011_Dynamic_Black_11658

There has been hardly any restock of Corsair/Lian Li/Cooler Master. I've only seen Deepcool/Kolink restocks.

By the way thin mesh cases are also decent filtering dust, you could also DIY a filter If you really want to.

1 hour ago, NighhhT said:

Here, this are the best alternatives currently available in Argentina.

https://www.scphardstore.com/componentes-de-pc_2/gabinetes_1/163991-gabinete-cooler-master-mastercase-h500-argb_1.html

https://www.pcmodd.com.ar/MLA-907224161-gabinete-phanteks-eclipse-p500a-drgb-mesh-frontal-3-coolers-_JM

There has been hardly any restock of Corsair/Lian Li/Cooler Master. I've only seen Deepcool/Kolink restocks.

By the way thin mesh cases are also decent filtering dust, you could also DIY a filter If you really want to.

im really gratefull you took the time to search/investigate stores from my national country. i will look the links

if it will be reestock of corsair 5000d airflow black, the chanches i will get that case are pretty high.

if not, then maybe ill get the meshify 2 (not the xl, or compact)

but i will see what the stores has to ofer. i search from the webpage "https://www.mercadolibre.com.ar/"

the prices arent the best, but shows the general availability of the hardware that sometimes the stores doestn show.

i saw at least some stock of the meshify 2 or meshify 2 xl.

i can get the case i believe at the end of march or in the midle of the month at best.