Top Exhaust instead of rear exhaust

reno7

Hello everyone, I'm planning on placing 3 140 mm fans on my case, 2 for intake and 1 for exhaust but I have an issue and id like your opinions. 

Problem is: the usual place for exhaust (next to the motherboard) only fits a 120mm fan so I wonder if I should place a 120 mm fan there or just place the 140 mm fan as a top exhaust fan and leave the back hole empty. 

See image below (not my actual case btw)

img_02121.jpg

could just do both. thats what i'm doing at least.

Personally I have 2x 140mm in front of my case, and 1x120 on the rear, and 1x120 on the top with a dust filter on the parts the fan doesn't cover.

3 minutes ago, Jack Dvorak said:

could just do both. thats what i'm doing at least.

Personally I have 2x 140mm in front of my case, and 1x120 on the rear, and 1x120 on the top with a dust filter on the parts the fan doesn't cover.

if I do 2 intake + 2 exhaust I would kinda have neutral pressure and the only reason I'm getting 3 fans is to have positive pressure to avoid dust build up, I only want 1 exhaust.

System specs?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.