Is it possible to swap gpu cooler/ heat pipe onto a different size pcb.

wnbrn

Hello linus tech tip forum. I have a weird problem and i don’t know if the solution i’m thinking of is possible however it’s worth asking.

Basically i have a hp 2060 super which is a single fan card and i am looking for a solution to make it cooler and quieter; possibly without underclocking.

I have been looking at ways to replace gpu coolers and have come across some diy fan installs  on the card and some nzxt aio gpu cooler. However i haven’t found anything about wether it is possible to move a gpu psb into a different cooler. 

I have found a complete evga  xc 2070 cooler on ebay and i’m wondering if it would work with my hp pcb. The cooler is double the size of the pcb so that could provide some difficulty. However from my basic knowledge i am aware that the cooler has to be perfect for the components on the pcb etc for it to be effective at cooling. 

I am unable to find any pictures of the pcb from the inside however i’ve found some from the outside. 

Any advise will be appreciated. 

2722F12A-83A6-44B7-A20C-CE104A945EB5.jpeg

4D16DB50-214A-4211-A685-9340C5FB3719.jpeg

most of the 20 series cards on reference PCB will be 51mm spaces between holes in the x and y directions so it "should" fit. the other components on the face of the board and if HP did some custom trickery will determine if it will fit though. There's a habit of putting large capacitors in the way of mounting plates on a lot of cards so you can't just swap coolers.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it