4k 120 Hz HDMI splitter + DAC/AMP suggestions for XBOX Series X

arminro

Hi,
I just bought an xbox console and so far I'm loving it except for one thing that drives me crazy. As I've found out, the xbox has no proper audio outputs, so I'm only limited to the jack on the console. I have a Logitech PRO X wired headset that comes with a basic usb DAC and there is no way to connect the DAC, which makes the audio poor at best.

I've been searching the web and found suggestions to use an HDMI splitter (such as this one ebay) so that I can use the other HDMI output to get the sound using a 3rd party device. I could not found any splitter from a reputable brand that could output a 4k @120 Hz video and I'm kinda afraid to try a generic one similar to the one I linked. Can you suggest any that has worked for you? 

My other problem is that even if I find the right splitter, I would need to convert the hdmi plug to an usb in, so that I can attach my Logitech usb dac to it, but so far, I could not find any converter that could do this (and I think due to bandwidth or any other incompatibility issues there may be none). This brings me to my other question: could you recommend a DAC/AMP that accepts an HDMI input and has a Jack output? So far, i could only manage to find the Evolve 2 4K or this one also from essence, but those are way above the money I would spend on it.

I'm a complete n00b when it comes to audio tech so any advice is appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Isn't 3.5 in the gamepad sufficient for the Logitech headset? It should be good enough... 'poor' feels overexaggerated...

If you really want to use external DAC, but don't want to split HDMI or use extra dongles, you should consider upgrading to a DAC/AMP that has S/PDIF.

Or route your audio out of a TV since it might have a better built-in DAC.

Edited by rikitikitavi

On 4/3/2022 at 9:02 AM, rikitikitavi said:

Isn't 3.5 in the gamepad sufficient for the Logitech headset? It should be good enough... 'poor' feels overexaggerated...

If you really want to use external DAC, but don't want to split HDMI or use extra dongles, you should consider upgrading to a DAC/AMP that has S/PDIF.

Or route your audio out of a TV since it might have a better built-in DAC.

Hi, thanks for the response. For the time being, I bought the Dolby sound software that enhances the audio making it fine for gaming.
Later, I will split the outgoing HDMI source especially that I'm going to use it with my PC as well.

• 4 weeks later...