PLEASE Help, HDD failed and is not being detected by BIOS and Programms

So about a Week ago I think I overloaded my HDD (2TB) because whilst downloading something I decided to also delete things so I have space.
That might've been too much because at the same time I was deleting games, deleting files manually, starting up Blender to clear the cache and also running a TreeSize scan (program to get File size info on the Drive).
Everything that was using that drive got frozen for 10/15 mins, after that it crashed and now I cant even detect the HDD in the BIOS.

In the last few days I tried to fix this with recovery Programs like Recuva, Macrium Reflect, IM-Partition Wizard etc. but due to the fact that I cant even see the drive I cant even choose it when I'm using those Programs.
Even though I can hear a quiet, periodic Buzzing sound from the Drive I think I can rule out most Hardware failures because I can still hear the disk spinning and I have also looked at the PCB and the Harddrive Head was not on the disk.

The only sign of life I have is that the drive is getting kinda "detected" in the device manager and the disk management. Its seen as an unknown device and in the disk management its not initialized.
When I try to initialize the Drive I get errors like "This device is not ready" or "A non-existent device was chosen" (I'm not sure if this is the exact translation for the error message, my PC Language is German.)
I also tried hooking up the Drive to a different PC, the same problems persistet and even got worse sometimes because it even started to slow the whole thing down even though its not the boot drive.

I even tried to clean the drive with commands from diskpart. In the cmd window the drive got detected as disk 2 but it shows 0 GB space on there. The commands seem to not be working properly on that drive.

At this Point I think that either this drive has bad sectors somehow or it even got a virus on there. I would not know how to fix those problems because for example if it got a virus running a scan will not help because I cant even access the drive and therefore I cant scan it. I will add some screenshots so you can see the problems on my end.

If I could get any connection to that drive I think I could save some files but I just cant seem to accomplish that.

I could not make any backups cause all of my Drives (1 SSD 250GB, 1HDD 1TB and the broken 2TB) are almost full. I literally have almost no space lmao.
I also do not want to send it to a professional because I dont have $500 bucks for data recovery, its just not worth it in my eyes. Plus I already talked to them on the phone and the guy on the phone seemed like an asshole.

I would be eternaly thankful for any kind of help because I only want to save whatever I can from that drive. On there I have every single bit of Music I have been working on, Adobe Projects (Photoshop, Video editing etc.), 3D Blender projects, Fotos, Uni stuff etc.

Thank you in advance!

Screenshot_disk_management.png

Screenshot_diskpart.png

Screenshot_error.png

maybe the surge protection diode has gone or is half working.

ive removed a few of these in my time to recover a dead hdd. (its like a built in timed obsolecence device)

investing in a surge protected socket can help prevent things like this in future.

47 minutes ago, JimmyHackers said:

maybe the surge protection diode has gone or is half working.

ive removed a few of these in my time to recover a dead hdd. (its like a built in timed obsolecence device)

investing in a surge protected socket can help prevent things like this in future.

First off thank you for your answer.
Do you think if I buy an identical HDD from ebay and replace the PCB, that it would fix the problem?
Or what would be the procedure here?

If it's surge diode the HDD shouldn't work at all, so I doubt that.
And replacing PCB would not work, because of the calibration and so on (you only have to replace that diode)

Spoiler
CPU : Intel 14gen i7-14700K
COOLER :  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 White + thermaltake toughfan 12 white + Thermal Grizzly - CPU Contact Frame Intel 13./14. +  Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra
GPU : MSI RTX 2070 Armor @GPU 2050MHz Mem 8200MHz -> USB C 10Gb/s cable 2m -> Unitek 4x USB HUB 10 Gb/s (Y-HB08003)
MOBO : MSI MEG Z690 UNIFY
RAM :  Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) 6400 MHz CL32 (CMK64GX5M2B6400C32)
SSD : Intel Optane 905P 960GB U.2 (OS) + 2 x WD SN850X 4TB + 2 x PNY CS3140 2TB + ASM2824 PCIe switch -> 4 x Plextor M8PeG 1TB + flexiDOCK MB014SP-B -> Crucial MX500 2TB + GoodRam Iridium PRO 960GB + Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
HDD : WD White 18TB WD180EDFZ + SATA port multiplier adp6st0-j05 (JMB575) ->  WD Gold 8TB WD8002FRYZ + WD Gold 4TB WD4002FYYZ + WD Red PRO 4TB WD4001FFSX + WD Green 2TB WD20EARS
EXTERNAL
HDD/SSD : 
XT-XINTE LM906 (JMS583) -> Plextor M8PeG 1TB + WD My Passport slim 1TB + LaCie Porsche Design Mobile Drive 1TB USB-C + Zalman ZM-VE350 -> Goodram IRDM PRO 240GB
PSU :  Super Flower leadex platinum 750 W biały -> Bitfenix alchemy extensions białe/białe + AsiaHorse 16AWG White 
UPS :  CyberPower CP1500EPFCLCD -> Brennenstuhl primera-line 8 -> Brennenstuhl primera-line 10
LCD :  LG 32UD59-B + LG flatron IPS236 -> Silverstone SST-ARM11BC
CASE :  Fractal R5 Biały + Lian Li BZ-H06A srebrny + 6 x Thermaltake toughfan 14 white + Thermalright TL-B8W
SPEAKERS :  Aune S6 Pro -> Topping PA3-B -> Polk S20e black -> Monoprice stand 16250
HEADPHONES :  TOSLINK 2m -> Aune S6 Pro -> 2 x Monoprice Premier 1.8m 16AWG 3-pin XLR -> Monoprice Monolith THX AAA 887 -> 4-pin XLR na 2 x 3.5mm 16 cores OCC 2m Cable -> HiFiMAN Edition XS -> sheepskin pads + 4-pin XLR na 2 x 2.5mm ABLET silver 2m  Cable -> Monoprice Monolith M1060 + Brainwavz HM100 -> Brainwavz sheepskin oval pads + Wooden double Ɪ Stand + Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7BK -> sheepskin pads + Multibrackets MB1893 + Sennheiser Momentum 3 +  Philips Fidelio X2HR/00 + JBL J88 White
MIC :  Tonor TC30 -> Mozos SB38
KEYBOARD : Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Silent (EU) + Glorious PC Gaming Race Stealth Slim - Full Size Black + PQI MyLockey
MOUSE :  Logitech MX ERGO + 2 x Logitech MX Performance + Logitech G Pro wireless + Logitech G Pro Gaming -> Hotline Games 2.0 Plus + Corsair MM500 3xl + Corsair MM300 Extended + Razer goliathus control
CONTROLLERS :  Microsoft xbox series x controller pc (1VA-00002) -> brainwavz audio Controller Holder UGC2 + Microsoft xbox 360 wireless black + Ravcore Javelin
NET :  Intel x520-DA2 -> 2 x FTLX8571D3BCV-IT + 2 x ASUS ZenWiFi Pro XT12
NAS :  Qnap TS-932X-2G -> Noctua NF-P14s redux 1200 PWM -> Kingston 16GB 2400Mhz CL14 (HX424S14IB/16) -> 9 x Crucial MX500 2TB ->  2 x FTLX8571D3BCV-IT -> 2 x Digitus (DK-HD2533-05/3)

On 2/17/2022 at 5:52 PM, Utkew said:

I also do not want to send it to a professional because I dont have $500 bucks for data recovery, its just not worth it in my eyes. Plus I already talked to them on the phone and the guy on the phone seemed like an asshole.

well, if they can get your data back, it wouldn't matter.  The longer you try yourself, the harder and more costly it can get, to get your data back.
This looks like hardware problem, so I won't help you if you can't get HDD to work. Like, you can't really do anything, so I can't help. 

Spoiler
CPU : Intel 14gen i7-14700K
COOLER :  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 White + thermaltake toughfan 12 white + Thermal Grizzly - CPU Contact Frame Intel 13./14. +  Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra
GPU : MSI RTX 2070 Armor @GPU 2050MHz Mem 8200MHz -> USB C 10Gb/s cable 2m -> Unitek 4x USB HUB 10 Gb/s (Y-HB08003)
MOBO : MSI MEG Z690 UNIFY
RAM :  Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) 6400 MHz CL32 (CMK64GX5M2B6400C32)
SSD : Intel Optane 905P 960GB U.2 (OS) + 2 x WD SN850X 4TB + 2 x PNY CS3140 2TB + ASM2824 PCIe switch -> 4 x Plextor M8PeG 1TB + flexiDOCK MB014SP-B -> Crucial MX500 2TB + GoodRam Iridium PRO 960GB + Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
HDD : WD White 18TB WD180EDFZ + SATA port multiplier adp6st0-j05 (JMB575) ->  WD Gold 8TB WD8002FRYZ + WD Gold 4TB WD4002FYYZ + WD Red PRO 4TB WD4001FFSX + WD Green 2TB WD20EARS
EXTERNAL
HDD/SSD : 
XT-XINTE LM906 (JMS583) -> Plextor M8PeG 1TB + WD My Passport slim 1TB + LaCie Porsche Design Mobile Drive 1TB USB-C + Zalman ZM-VE350 -> Goodram IRDM PRO 240GB
PSU :  Super Flower leadex platinum 750 W biały -> Bitfenix alchemy extensions białe/białe + AsiaHorse 16AWG White 
UPS :  CyberPower CP1500EPFCLCD -> Brennenstuhl primera-line 8 -> Brennenstuhl primera-line 10
LCD :  LG 32UD59-B + LG flatron IPS236 -> Silverstone SST-ARM11BC
CASE :  Fractal R5 Biały + Lian Li BZ-H06A srebrny + 6 x Thermaltake toughfan 14 white + Thermalright TL-B8W
SPEAKERS :  Aune S6 Pro -> Topping PA3-B -> Polk S20e black -> Monoprice stand 16250
HEADPHONES :  TOSLINK 2m -> Aune S6 Pro -> 2 x Monoprice Premier 1.8m 16AWG 3-pin XLR -> Monoprice Monolith THX AAA 887 -> 4-pin XLR na 2 x 3.5mm 16 cores OCC 2m Cable -> HiFiMAN Edition XS -> sheepskin pads + 4-pin XLR na 2 x 2.5mm ABLET silver 2m  Cable -> Monoprice Monolith M1060 + Brainwavz HM100 -> Brainwavz sheepskin oval pads + Wooden double Ɪ Stand + Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7BK -> sheepskin pads + Multibrackets MB1893 + Sennheiser Momentum 3 +  Philips Fidelio X2HR/00 + JBL J88 White
MIC :  Tonor TC30 -> Mozos SB38
KEYBOARD : Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Silent (EU) + Glorious PC Gaming Race Stealth Slim - Full Size Black + PQI MyLockey
MOUSE :  Logitech MX ERGO + 2 x Logitech MX Performance + Logitech G Pro wireless + Logitech G Pro Gaming -> Hotline Games 2.0 Plus + Corsair MM500 3xl + Corsair MM300 Extended + Razer goliathus control
CONTROLLERS :  Microsoft xbox series x controller pc (1VA-00002) -> brainwavz audio Controller Holder UGC2 + Microsoft xbox 360 wireless black + Ravcore Javelin
NET :  Intel x520-DA2 -> 2 x FTLX8571D3BCV-IT + 2 x ASUS ZenWiFi Pro XT12
NAS :  Qnap TS-932X-2G -> Noctua NF-P14s redux 1200 PWM -> Kingston 16GB 2400Mhz CL14 (HX424S14IB/16) -> 9 x Crucial MX500 2TB ->  2 x FTLX8571D3BCV-IT -> 2 x Digitus (DK-HD2533-05/3)

Ok, if you care about the data on the hdd, send it off to a place like DriveSavers, if you dont care, throw the drive in a bin and get a new one instead of trying to revive a dead one, it will be worth the money to replace it with a new one, a 3tb wd blue will run you about 60 bucks, and a 4tb should run about 80-100, avoid seagate as went through four hdd's in a year, i wrote a post about this in which i explain the utter stupidity of these drives in terms of their failure rates.

15 hours ago, SiliconMagician said:

Ok, if you care about the data on the hdd, send it off to a place like DriveSavers, if you dont care, throw the drive in a bin and get a new one instead of trying to revive a dead one, it will be worth the money to replace it with a new one, a 3tb wd blue will run you about 60 bucks, and a 4tb should run about 80-100, avoid seagate as went through four hdd's in a year, i wrote a post about this in which i explain the utter stupidity of these drives in terms of their failure rates.

I second this. I am a former data recovery engineer. To be frank, the fact the drive has dropped off the way it has isn't good. With luck, it is just logically failed (AKA lots of bad sectors). If the data is important, find a repuatable data recovery lab and send it off to them. There are several in europe. Werecoverdata have labs in europe. 

https://www.werecoverdata.com/EU/Germany/DataRecoveryGermany.htm

Reach out to them and send in the drive. Do not be surprised if recovery starts at 500-1000 USD. Most of my recoveries averaged 500-1400 bucks depending on the issue. Generally 1400 was when i had to do multiple head exchanges. Fun times. 

Oh and one last warning for ya. DO NOT DO ANYTHING FURTHER WITH THE DRIVE. If the drive has a badly degraded surface, hammering in an uncontrolled fashion can lead to head failure. There could be other issues going on with it too. Such as damaged firmware in the service area, media cache issues and so on. None of which can be resolved without the proper tools and experience. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD