LMG Sponsor Suggestions

CPotter
On 2/10/2022 at 10:45 PM, CPotter said:

This forum post is brought to you by ______. Seriously though, if you have any suggestions for our sponsor reads or who you think we should be working with, feel free to drop them here. The point of this sub-forum is for us to get another perspective that we can layer on top of our due diligence when vetting new sponsor partnerships.

We also want to hear from you guys if you have concerns about sponsorships that you've seen, or brand talking points that you feel don't accurately reflect the experience. 

Myself and the other members of the business team will check this thread periodically - thanks in advance!

@JonoT @GeoffLMG @SeanW_ @BellLMG 

i do love the way Dennis does the sponsor spots. so more of that please if you can 😄

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see a sponsorship from someone like Incogni or similar. If you guys can run them through your internal screening process, I would almost certainly sign up with whomever you end up working with.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm putting this here because I really don't see anywhere else that it makes sense to put it. There aren't 'this month' threads lately, the sponsor I'm interested in isn't in the list of threads available, can't make a new thread, and this isn't a complaint...so...anyway

The latest LTT video has ground.news as a sponsor, and it immediately piqued my interest. But the ad spot doesn't go into specifics or use their weird buzz-word language, and their 'tiers' or plans at the bottom of the sponsor link use all buzz words that don't functionally mean anything. (bias comparison engine, blindspot feed, my feed, my news bias). And the page doesn't explain or show what these buzz words mean anywhere at all. 

So, as someone who is genuinely interested in this product, can someone explain to me, or reach out to them, and get better clarification on what features are included at each tier, and what 'limited' means in the lower tiers. 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Bueler? Anyone check this thread anymore? I posted the above 2 weeks ago...

On 6/29/2023 at 3:50 PM, V91 said:

I'm putting this here because I really don't see anywhere else that it makes sense to put it. There aren't 'this month' threads lately, the sponsor I'm interested in isn't in the list of threads available, can't make a new thread, and this isn't a complaint...so...anyway

The latest LTT video has ground.news as a sponsor, and it immediately piqued my interest. But the ad spot doesn't go into specifics or use their weird buzz-word language, and their 'tiers' or plans at the bottom of the sponsor link use all buzz words that don't functionally mean anything. (bias comparison engine, blindspot feed, my feed, my news bias). And the page doesn't explain or show what these buzz words mean anywhere at all. 

So, as someone who is genuinely interested in this product, can someone explain to me, or reach out to them, and get better clarification on what features are included at each tier, and what 'limited' means in the lower tiers. 

Thanks!

Hey @V91, I'll do my best to break down what the different features and buzzwords are for you.

The bias comparison engine is a bit buzz wordy, but it's pretty simple in practice. It's a visual tool that shows not just the political leanings of different outlets, but also who owns those outlets, and the owners political leanings too. On top of political leanings it also breaks down weather the sources are privately owned, owned by wealthy individuals, or are part of a larger media conglomerate, etc.

So Blindspot is a feature that shows stories that outlets of specific political leanings aren't reporting on. On the pro tier, it's just that. On the higher tiers, it will do a better job of showing you YOUR blindspots based on what articles you follow and read. Thus giving you stories and outlets you would normally not see.

Things like your feed, your blindspot feed, your bias feed, this is where the tailoring and customization comes into play with Ground News. As your read more articles, it will learn more about where you get your news from. This includes sites like Twitter or Reddit. And then you can set up to show you stories that you aren't likely to see. Or if you want, you can set it up to continue showing you stories by sites that are aligned with what you're already reading. Though that seems to go against the nature of the platform.

Really the tl;dr of it is, the higher tiers will give you more information about both your own relationship with news, as well as give you more information about the different outlets. 

And regarding Bueller, My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Anyway, I hope this helps, V91. And I hope you have a great weekend.

@Other James thank you for the reply! Good stuff, and I hope others can also find it useful. It seems like in the two weeks since I posted above they have updated their subscribe page (ground.news/subscribe) to be a lot easier to read and give more info, which is also good to see. I will probably give it a shot.

Thanks, have a great weekend yourself!

Hi, not certain if this is the right topic for this but I couldn't find something more appropriate. I wanted to give some (positive) feedback on my experience with the Wicked Cushions customer service but couldn't find a topic for that 🙂 Could it be created ? Or should the feedback just go in here ?

Here is my feedback for WC, just in case:

I ordered two items from their store with the LTT coupon. Only one of them arrived (through no fault of their own, we have terrible delivery drivers here). After contacting support, I got a very quick reply (two hours) that said they would send the item again, no questions asked. They confirmed my address, let me change it and sent it very quickly. I received it without an issue this time and the ticket was closed. Overall, the experience was great!

• 4 weeks later...

Sponsor introduction made by Linus himself.

Something I've notice is that whenever I watch at LLT video and Linus introduced the sponsor segue. He never say the sponsors name, so it's seems like he doesn't even know what is being sponsored. While I know he isn't the CE anymore, I would expect that he should know what is being sponsored before he segues into someone else presenting it.

I think Linus Media Group should support more of their locals as well. An example being Tune Zilla who markets a tech product for tuning cars and there right across the street from the Lab.

1 minute ago, Yarwals said:

I think Linus Media Group should support more of their locals as well. An example being Tune Zilla who markets a tech product for tuning cars and there right across the street from the Lab.

Edit Not "as well" instead "more"

On 8/18/2023 at 2:53 AM, FrootLoopzCereal said:

Sponsor introduction made by Linus himself.

Something I've notice is that whenever I watch at LLT video and Linus introduced the sponsor segue. He never say the sponsors name, so it's seems like he doesn't even know what is being sponsored. While I know he isn't the CE anymore, I would expect that he should know what is being sponsored before he segues into someone else presenting it.

If you are talking about general content, thats more about videos and sponsor spots being shot at different times and sponsor agreements being active at different times. So editor and marketing team decide which sponsor will be on the video at any time. This is classic way of doing things, and LTT is hardly any channel doing it.

21 hours ago, Yarwals said:

This is not how sponsors for LMG work. LMG doesn't sponsor almost anything, they rely on sponsors to operate themselves. I'm sure if any local company that has consumer, prosumer or even small business tech and contact them for sponsor spot, it would be evaluated equally to big, global names.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

Ridge wallet is ok but I have been super happy with Eckster wallets.

I am on my third wallet from them, and thats in just the last year.   

They keep releasing amazing wallets i just want to have.   They have had some real good sales.  The build quality is great.  Also, my experiences with their customer service have been pleasant.

I think they'd make a good fit.

On 8/21/2023 at 10:03 PM, LogicalDrm said:

LMG doesn't sponsor almost anything

Bret host entering the crash course...

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

Thoughts on Temu?

Temu is a Chinese-owned e-commerce app (PDD Holdings). Many users have reported that after purchasing from Temu, their bank accounts have been emptied.

Here's an article from Politico regarding Temu's security concerns.

12 minutes ago, serious said:

Thoughts on Temu?

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

That is all.

10 hours ago, serious said:

Thoughts on Temu?

Temu is a Chinese-owned e-commerce app (PDD Holdings). Many users have reported that after purchasing from Temu, their bank accounts have been emptied.

Here's an article from Politico regarding Temu's security concerns.

The sponsor complaints thread is here:

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1428939-lmg-sponsor-complaints/?do=getNewComment

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

Some suggestions that I would like to pitch (source: Me, I’ve used these products)

- Hawthorne Co., Awesome Men’s Body Care company. Been using their shampoo, conditioner, and body wash for almost 2 years; and they’ve worked fantastically with my curly hair

- Magic Spoon, Some people are mixed about the taste, but I personally really like the taste of the cereal they offer. Personal favorite of mine is the regular frosted flavor.

- Mud\Wtr, Used their morning routine (:rise) and coconut milk creamer for a couple months. Really enjoy it as an alternative to coffee.

- Flexispot, Awesome desks overall. I’ve been using their EN1 desk for almost 2 years and have fallen in love with using it.

"Dedocated WAM to a survuhr." ~SuperKai64

• 4 months later...

I would love to see a video about account security, given Linus' comments on the WAN show and the account hack not too long ago. It could be a good opportunity to work with Yubico/YubiKey or another hardware 2FA company to showcase their product offering. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to say Anker, knowing that the entire eufy/anker camera thing exists, and for a security product that's a really big deal. But those are not power banks, although I guess you can extrapolate to say that they can then lie about their power products.

They make some really cool chargers, and their cable truly high quality. But I guess that means they don't need sponsorships, and I totally understand LMG's take on it.

The last time I used anything UGreen, their product "barely work" and their connector cheap and out-of-spec. In fact it wore out the type c on my father's Macbook, and he doesn't even plug/replug it in much. Though it's been quite a few years back.

Framework sponsorships?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2022 at 3:56 AM, Dillpickle23422 said:

I dont think linus particularly cares for teamviewer.

Forget the perpetual license, can we interest you in a subscription instead? Can we? CAAAANNN WEEEEE?

It might be interesting to try to get as a sponsor or partner with Henson shaving. They are a Canadian company that makes a Dual Edge Razor with a Lifetime Warranty. They are generally considered a good newbie razor by the safety razor enthusiast subreddit of wicked edge.

This may or may not fit here but knowing how picky/specific Linus is about stuff that is food or food related I feel pretty confident that AG1 is good but my only complaint/suggestion is that I wish that they sold sample/1 serving bags for $5/$10 so you can taste it without buying nearly $100 worth of product. I know that they have a money back guarantee and money isn't the whole issue BUT I don't want to try it and if I don't like the flavor I'd not want to waste all that product.

"Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling... Makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition is blurred. If I'm to choose between one evil and another... I'd rather not choose at all." -Geralt of Riva

"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." -Q

Tempus Fugit

Would be sick if Raspberry Pi sponsored a video.

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.