LMG Sponsor Suggestions

CPotter

@CPottercan we add Vessi to the LMG Sponsor Discussion page. I have a story I want to share about them and it's not on the list so idk where to put it.

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

2 hours ago, MrMcMuffinJr said:

@CPottercan we add Vessi to the LMG Sponsor Discussion page. I have a story I want to share about them and it's not on the list so idk where to put it.

Give me a couple of hours, I'm making a few new threads so things can be a bit more organized for comments, complaints, and positive feedback on the companies we partner with.

So I don’t know if this has been discussed already, sorry if it has, but my experience with Corsair has been absolutely abysmal. So much so that I went from being a semi tech literate guy looking to build his first PC a few years agi, decided I wanted some cohesive RGB in my build, so after a lot of research thought Corsair was a good one to go with. I went with a bunch of their stuff, Fans, AIO, Mouse, keyboard, Ram and at first loved it. But man does ICUE ruin the experience to no freaking end.

Physical quality of products I cannot fault apart from my LLRGB fans all having some dead LED’s so none of them can do a full solid colour any more… but more so than that the experience with iCue has by far been the most infuriating thing about my PC experience. Not only is it a resource hog for background tasks but having it be the controller for mouse or keyboard settings is just a no go because as soon as the software conks out or crashes, which it will, you lose all bindings or sensitivity settings. Because of this I’ve just given up on my G macro keys being a thing on my keyboard. I’ve replaced my Corsair mouse with a steel series one so the sensitivity wouldn’t keep randomly changing all the time. I’ve taken my Aio and fans off of software control from iCue and instead control then from all direct from my mobo because I found that when iCue wasn’t working properly my temperatures suffered. My Ram I don’t have a workaround for but that thankfully doesn’t seem to suffer performance wise. 
And all my RGB is just set to off because it doesn’t stay consistent otherwise. Random components will just crash and go to rainbow vomit. 

Anyway I’m not sure whether this is a totally unique thing to me. I promise I’m not an idiot and have spent plenty of hours trolling forums trying to find fixes but to no avail. I’m just giving up on Corsair and moving to a completely blacked out stripped down build next time around. 

Would be good if this was a common issue in the community though for you guys to put some fire under their butts to sort out their buggy software. Which is absolutely a sentiment that I know is shared in the community. Whether my problems are unique or not. 

Idea, see if Cylance would be interested in product sponsorship (Blackberry's anti malware). I think that would be cool and they are Canadian bros. 

You guys should get a sponsor from Canva, the Australian Photo Editing software. I personally use them, and they are good for the causal photo editing or poster. They give many options for types of photos like either a Logo all the way to a YouTube thumbnail. They do have an Affiliate Marketing Program, so I'll send that link now.

https://www.canva.com/affiliates/

It says that everytime someone buys the Pro version that came from you, you earn some of the money. It says up to $36 dollars per buy. I personally use them, so it'll be nice if you guys get a sponsor from them.

how are you doing today

• 3 months later...

I would love to see a sponsored video with Shelly (https://shelly.cloud/) for Home Automation.

LTT content in regards to Home Automation is very lacking, and I hope that you will have a Home Automation enthusiast in the Labs team, to test out crazy home automations, as that market is such a gigantic mess and LTT bringing more information about Home Automation will be great.

So maybe a sponsored video where LTT integrates some of Shellys solution for home automation in the Labs building or even in the Labs testing suit. 
I've bought a few things from them, so far so good. One lamp had coil wine, and after 1-2 quick emails they send me a coupon to purchase a new one for free (so I keep the old one too).
Also they are based in Bulgaria (my country), so that is a huge plus for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, first time posting here as a user, but I've been a long time viewer. 

I am very curious on how your statistics have been since you have done a different system in your sponsor reads.

Since the new system of using a separate segment for sponsor reads, it kind of ticks me off from watching the whole thing because it feels less authentic for me and affects my whole watching experience. And it may too for some people hence me writing this.

I know it is convenient when it comes to implementation of sponsors with said video, I wonder how does it affect the numbers in general?

PS. Sorry I know it's none of my business but just my 2 cents of my watching experience as of late. 

I think the Youtuber Matt Risinger would have been a great collaboration during the New House series.  His channel is on home builds and building science. I think most of the work where his input would have been valuable has past.  I'm not in construction at all but I enjoy his channel. He seems very open to modernizing the process of buildings homes and the idea of the LMG crew being the tech experts in one of his builds sounds amazing to me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I just saw your video on cooling your server rack at home and thought I may be able to help.

The company I work for has a sister company.  Their name is OptiCool.  They specialize in rack door heat exchangers for server rooms and we have several very large Telco companies as clients.  

Look them up, do your research, but If you are interested, drop me a line and I can talk to the management and at least get a conversation started.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X  | Motherboard: ASROCK B450 pro4 | RAM: 2x16GB  | GPU: MSI NVIDIA RTX 2060 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S | SSD: Samsung 980 Evo 1T 

• 2 weeks later...

Levoit Air Purifiers.

I think you guys need to highlight more normy products that a lot of people would find useful. I think enough people know about wallets.

I assumed they were a cheap no-name brand like many things on Amazon, but they sponsored one of my favourite podcasts and I decided to give them a fair shot. In fact, during one of the sponsored spots, the guys on the podcast brought in a sock filled with cat poo and they legit couldn't smell it. This wasn't part of their 'script' for the ad read lmao.

I've had my Levoit 400S for the past few months and I would whole-heartedly recommend them. The fans are very quiet, and they do an incredible job of taming my mother's smelly Vietnamese cooking, and I surprisingly enjoy the smart features of checking filter life, making schedules, and just simply turning it on and off via smart phone app.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Colton or anyone on staff who can answer this question,

Is there an information packet for potential sponsors or those interested in sponsoring an video or channel? I did a quick search and couldn't find anything

Thanks in advance,

Derek Pearce

The Brickspace

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2022 at 12:49 PM, TheBrickspaceTSB said:

Hey Colton or anyone on staff who can answer this question,

Is there an information packet for potential sponsors or those interested in sponsoring an video or channel? I did a quick search and couldn't find anything

Thanks in advance,

Derek Pearce

The Brickspace

We don't have any thing public, but you can email info@linusmediagroup.com and someone from our team will get back to you if its the right fit!

A Company called Tempo Communications may be a good sponsor for a video. They create Test Equipment for Wifi installations and mass 5G installation. Traditionally not for end users but for technicians, would provide insight for the end user on how the technician sets up the internet in the area. 

• 1 month later...

Design and implement custom PCB's for all of your PCB requirements. Portfolio includes printed circuit boards that are multilayer, flexible, rigid, and semi-flex as well as IMS, RF, and HDI boards. One-Stop PCB Assembly Services produces low-volume orders and quick prototypes. Used by many design engineers world-wide.

https://www.pcbway.com/

Thoughts?

image.thumb.png.e608dfb01bd1ba0e510a63cc6f6e3b78.png

Just now, Josh B said:

Design and implement custom PCB's 

https://www.pcbway.com/

Aren't they already a sponsor?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

4 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Aren't they already a sponsor?

Geez, where have I been.

Good catch!

• 2 weeks later...

EcoFlow power stations. Charging times are less than 2 hours. Amazing designs and expandible battery for tailor made solutions as well as petrol generator. They also have solar panels to make charging times faster. ideal for camping and black outs. Definitely recommend check them out 🙂 www.ecoflow.com

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2022 at 1:54 PM, SpicyWheatPeppers said:

Would you guys be willing to do a company called mirealm

What do they even do? Their website just is a contact form and it says " first-ever privacy-driven smart platform" whatever the hell that means

I often find that the web hosts you showcase tend to be quite expensive even for the smallest types of hosts. They also tend to be just using AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft on the backend which to me would be nice to avoid.

I use a host provider called https://webdock.io and as far as I know, they don't use any of the above to host their servers (as they are Denmark based) and they are pretty damn cheap for what they provide. I'd recommend checking them out as they just recently got US servers as well.

5 hours ago, Omni-Owl said:

I often find that the web hosts you showcase tend to be quite expensive even for the smallest types of hosts. They also tend to be just using AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft on the backend which to me would be nice to avoid.

I use a host provider called https://webdock.io and as far as I know, they don't use any of the above to host their servers (as they are Denmark based) and they are pretty damn cheap for what they provide. I'd recommend checking them out as they just recently got US servers as well.

Barely anything LTT (or any YouTuber for that matter) advertises is 'good value'. If advertisers they had decent pricing and paid a fortune for advertising on YT, then they'd be bankrupt. But as long as there are people that will just assume what they see in an ad is the best and do no further research, then it balances out. Even the offer codes they provide are rarely good, if you spend no more than 10 seconds looking around, you can often find better codes than the ones LTT provide.

Even looking at Cashback websites (like Quidco and Top Cashback here in the UK), you can often save a heck of a lot of money because most of that commission that would normally be paid to the likes of LTT goes back to you instead. 

When I signed up for PIA, I ended up paying less than what was offered by LTT, then I got cashback on top of that. I think I ended up paying about £15 for 3 years, might have even been less

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

12 hours ago, yolosnail said:

Barely anything LTT (or any YouTuber for that matter) advertises is 'good value'. If advertisers they had decent pricing and paid a fortune for advertising on YT, then they'd be bankrupt. But as long as there are people that will just assume what they see in an ad is the best and do no further research, then it balances out. Even the offer codes they provide are rarely good, if you spend no more than 10 seconds looking around, you can often find better codes than the ones LTT provide.

Even looking at Cashback websites (like Quidco and Top Cashback here in the UK), you can often save a heck of a lot of money because most of that commission that would normally be paid to the likes of LTT goes back to you instead. 

When I signed up for PIA, I ended up paying less than what was offered by LTT, then I got cashback on top of that. I think I ended up paying about £15 for 3 years, might have even been less

I don't understand the point of your comment.

You should check out. https://voltekinc.com/dc-products/

I believe it is not only a good sponsor opportunity but a great video opportunity for Linus they make low voltage DC USB outlets that are 60 watt capable put a few of them around your house and you don't have to drag a power brick around with you to charge your laptop

Decora-White-2019@2x.png

2021_LinkedIn_Power_Supply_1200_x_641.jpg

In the keyboard testing robot video released yesterday, I noticed that the setup seems to be a Vention machine. I had the chance to use their products and solutions (web builder and all), and I think it is really cool and we should know more about it. I was surprised that it wasn’t mentioned in the video or links in the description, or that it wasn’t a sponsor. 

I think in the Labs era, Vention is a quite cool company to know about. And they are from Montreal, QC!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2022 at 10:45 PM, CPotter said:

This forum post is brought to you by ______. Seriously though, if you have any suggestions for our sponsor reads or who you think we should be working with, feel free to drop them here. The point of this sub-forum is for us to get another perspective that we can layer on top of our due diligence when vetting new sponsor partnerships.

We also want to hear from you guys if you have concerns about sponsorships that you've seen, or brand talking points that you feel don't accurately reflect the experience. 

Myself and the other members of the business team will check this thread periodically - thanks in advance!

@JonoT @GeoffLMG @SeanW_ @BellLMG 

Hi!
I work for a Danish company called Viso Systems where we make laboratory equipment for light measurement (light distribution, CRI, RGB (and CIE 1931), color over angle, efficacy, etc.).

My colleagues (especially my boss) and I have been trying to get a hold of your team because we want to loan you one of our machines for your new lab, so you can accurately measure total light output of any light source such as lamps, mobile phones, and displays.

You could fx. also measure viewing angles, nits and color reproduction of displays.

Check us out on https://visosystems.com/ and please let me know who to contact! (alternatively you can write an email to frederik.ingemann@visosystems.com)

As you can probably see, I'm a long term fan of LTT, so collaborating with you would be really really cool!

@JonoT @CPotter