LMG Sponsor Suggestions

CPotter

I'd love to see 1password sponsor for LTT. They currently sponsor Troy Hunt's videos a lot, the creator of HaveIBeenPwned.com

They've been so active in the security and open source communities, I've loved hearing about everything they're doing.

As a developer, they've also kinda saved my **s; on top of passwords I've had trouble managing all my encryption/auth cryptographic keys and trying to get code signing working, and they've created the easiest to use tools for that that I've ever tried, so I'm finally using consistent keys for auth/encryption and finally using code/commit signing.

Also wanted to add that their stricter login so that I can have 2FA codes autofill along side my passwords without significantly decreasing my security have saved me SO much time. I used to use LastPass, and that was the one thing that really annoyed me. 

I've seen that SilentiumPC was expanding to more international markets (for a long time they were only in Poland/Germany/UK), and they had some top notch products in a resonable pricing over the years. It might be a good idea to ask if they are willing to do a sponsorship. 

I've had their coolers for years (Fera 2, Granding 3, now Fortis 5) and some cases (alea M50, was a middle in the road, but S35W was hella better), don't know about AiO's, peripherials or fans, but I know a bunch of people that got their 650w power supplies and didn't had any issues through years now.  

I'd like to see more Raspberry Pi Content (sponsored by RPI)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am suggesting a new sponsor or a short circuit video idea it is a new e scooter called äike thunder its rund by company called comodule and is built in Europe hope it gets the segment I am not from the company just saying thnks

Re: vesi footwear

just ran across a short by a leg amputee talking about shoes and how most slip ons are actually awful for amputees but some are awesome.  It occurred to me those shoes might be in catagory 2 in which case throwing some free shoes at amputee influencers might produce significant return.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Im not much of a forum user in general so apologies if something about this comes off as incorrect but i made a forum account Only to post this lol. I would really love to see yall work with Zwift. i think the "gaming" side of it could really encourage alot of gamers to get some exercise in a different more interesting way. the last WAN show had me thinking that it really is something that Linus and them might enjoy covering with his enjoyment of cardio when working out. 

Thanks for all you do in the DIY hardware world!

My company, SealingTech (https://www.sealingtech.com/), builds enterprise grade airline carry-on compliant 'fly-away' kits and high capacity/high performance  edge computing nodes much like the one that you built in the DIY "This is a $20000 PC" video. You basically re-created one of our systems (albiet in a DIY way) and we were excited to see what you accomplished.

Would you like to review one of our appliances or fly-away kits as a comparison to the DIY kit that you made?  We think that it would be a great comparison to see what a DIY solution looks like compared to an engineered solution that supports up to 2TB of memory and 120TB of high speed commercial grade NVMe storage.

Thanks!

Jason Merriman

Technical Director, Secure Enterprise Modernization

SealingTech

• 1 month later...

Sounds like LMG is being sponsored AMD for the replacement of the Intel Extreme Tech Upgrade. 

The Current name for AMD's version is "AMD Ultimate Tech Upgrade"

I'd like to propose "AMD Tech Improvements" or ATi.

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

Let me tell you about Wyrmwood.

Normally Wyrmwood and LTT would not overlap, except a couple of months back they tried to launch a modular game desk on Kickstarter but they failed. Now I know what you're thinking, but it's not like that. They had successfully funded over 10 Kickstarters previously, this one flopped. Fortunately they are still going to bring this product to market, which is why I'm here. One of the main reasons Wyrmwood couldn't close on the Kickstarter was marketing, they are kind of stuck in Table Top games community and this one didn't quite match the vibe.

I love these guys honestly. They have a hilarious, informative and open YouTube channel very much like you guys; although their main thing is physical products. Which makes them easy (and entertaining) to research. And it was sad to see them fail. Anyway, I should talk about the actual product, but like a hungover teacher I'm gonna show you a video instead.

*Naps*

I'm going to buy a ring from Thorum thanks to your advertising. They've got a lot of great reviews, so let's hope they don't ruin my wedding. I'm sure they'll do fine, but will definitely update you if they don't

On 2/20/2023 at 4:55 PM, tvccvt said:

Let me tell you about Wyrmwood.

Normally Wyrmwood and LTT would not overlap, except a couple of months back they tried to launch a modular game desk on Kickstarter but they failed. Now I know what you're thinking, but it's not like that. They had successfully funded over 10 Kickstarters previously, this one flopped. Fortunately they are still going to bring this product to market, which is why I'm here. One of the main reasons Wyrmwood couldn't close on the Kickstarter was marketing, they are kind of stuck in Table Top games community and this one didn't quite match the vibe.

I love these guys honestly. They have a hilarious, informative and open YouTube channel very much like you guys; although their main thing is physical products. Which makes them easy (and entertaining) to research. And it was sad to see them fail. Anyway, I should talk about the actual product, but like a hungover teacher I'm gonna show you a video instead.

*Naps*

I don't think this one's likely to happen. Wyrmwood is currently mired in a scandal/controversy over sexual assault and related things. They've been getting dropped by a lot of places.

Longtime LTT viewer but I had to create an account just to post this lmao

I work for a company in SLC, Utah, called ZAxis inc. I'm not on sales or anything, just a production worker, but looking at all the labs videos coming out recently, I wonder if we have anything that'd be of any use? Mostly reaching out because I think it'd be sick to be able to say I've build or helped built something for LTT.

We specialize in air leak and pressure testing fixtures, stuff like mass flow testing, pressure decay and leak detection, chamber testing, burst pressure testing, etc. We do a lot of custom design work as well, but as far as I know custom designs can get a little pricey.

I personally don't have much of a say on anything from where I work with ZAxis, but figured I'd raise my voice on our existence! 

I'd love to give Vessi a try at some point, however since they don't seem to make business in Europe (yet), I had to look for alternatives.

Enter 8000 Kicks! They are lightweight, durable, waterproof resistant and on top of that, eco-friendly. Being made of hemp fiber for the upper and insoles, they are naturally robust and pretty much odor-free thanks to hemp's anti-microbial features. The soles - at least on some of their models - are made from algae bloom and thus help to lessen the effects of eutrophication at least somewhat. I've owned my pair of Explorer V2's for 15 months now and apart from wrinkling where the shoe bends when walking (which is to be expected) they still look nearly like new.

On top of that, they offer free shipping and returns in EU und US - all import fees and VAT included - with fulfillment centers located in Portugal and California.

Canada and non-EU Europe: Reduced shipping on orders above 90 USD, again all import fees and taxes already included.

For everyone else, they do offer worldwide shipping, however import fees might not be covered. Taxes are, though.

I am in no way affiliated with them, just a very happy customer who is absolutely blown away by the quality and service they provide, I have never owned a more comfortable pair of shoes in my life.
I'd strongly recommend everyone to give them a go and would love to see them sponsoring LTT at some point in the future.

Attached are some pics of my shoes so you can see what I'm on about:

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.7195d36953942a93ef6e21a8b960da1e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c247b73a043279c68ef524188314136d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2e61520af8229705f17d5cbeaf70a265.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c3ee2d704a2c5003a4c4470f972c7a36.jpeg

I would love to see "Viture" as a sponsor on LTT they are a company that are making AR glasses that can display anything through USB-c and also have an optional computer that wraps around your neck that is marketed to do cloud gaming. they have sponsored youtube videos before and they might just think your a large enough channel to sponsor you

• 3 weeks later...

Yubico - Their product may not have prevented you getting hacked, but it's the gold standard for security devices, invulnerable to phishing. 

BitWarden - A password manager, similar to (but not vile like) LastPass. They're open source and have self hosting options. Available for most platforms, supports the best 2FA options, and works great in corporate environments. 

Loving the new WAN show sponsor spots!

It would be awesome to see a behind the scenes on how they are put together. I'm especially interested on how Dan and Linus can be on the same page doing it live like that. What tools do they use? How much of a delay (if any) in what Linus sees etc...

Awesome job on sponsorships. I'm a floatplane subscriber but I don't mind watching your sponsor spots on YouTube

I find that having the sponsor spot be an entirely separate clip sometimes by an entirely different host makes me sooooo much less likely to pay attention and just as much more likely to want to skip (although I almost never do). I feel it takes away from the flow of the video and makes it seem more corporate-y, for a lack of a better term. I liked the janky sponsor reads done during the main shoot because it felt like it belongs to the content itself. All LMG channels except LTT & Short Circuit (though less frequently) has this "issue". I'm assuming that this has more to do with LMG's workflow where they can just slap on a Sponsor after the fact, which I do understand, but still it sucks to want to skip or not pay attention to an otherwise good opportunity to make a sponsor read interesting.

The new WAN show sponsor spots, on the other hand, are great and really entertaining. However, I feel it suffers from the opposite issue where I forget who they're trying to sponsor because of all the other elements -- kind of a victim of its own success. I found that a middle-ground like the old Savage Jerky sponsor spots where they literally just munch on Jerky during the read is so much more likely to want to buy the damn thing, or the usual dBrand ones where Linus gets trolled the normal amount literally just to stick the idea that "dBrand did this, remember that name". 😛

I also felt like the cheesy segues aren't nearly as smooth or entertaining anymore where most of the time, the host (probably?) doesn't even know who the sponsor is. So a lot of the time, the segue just becomes a one-size-fits-all solution like "You know who else is / who isn't <some adjective>, our sponsor!" or "<some adjective>, like our sponsor!" I'm far more likely to click off the video once the last sponsor read starts whereas before I'd stick to the end to watch the extras the host says during the outro. It really feels like the creativity on sponsor segues and sponsor reads are overshadowed by LMG's efficiency. If this is something no one else really cares about then that's fine, but to me it's something that I'll notice while watching but never care enough to bring up. Perhaps there may be others who feel the same about this too.

"USB 3.2 Gen 2x2"

Hi.  I don't have any new sponsorship ideas, but I am wondering if there is any way to quickly find the most recent video with a specific sponsor.  I don't know that I have ever watched a video and immediately decided to sign up for a sponsored product.  But when I was ready to sign up for a VPN and an online backup service, I decided to go with PIA (well over a year ago) and Backblaze because they sponsored LMG videos.  While I found the forum link to all the current sponsors working with LMG, I didn't see a quick way to find the most recent video sponsored by a specific company.  I'd like to watch the most recent sponsor spot so that I can find their most recent/current offer.  Finding the most recent sponsor spot would also allow me to make sure LMG gets credit for the sale.  Is there a way to easily search for such videos? If not, could someone create a way to do that?  

On 4/8/2023 at 8:10 AM, Michael McChesney said:

Hi.  I don't have any new sponsorship ideas, but I am wondering if there is any way to quickly find the most recent video with a specific sponsor.  I don't know that I have ever watched a video and immediately decided to sign up for a sponsored product.  But when I was ready to sign up for a VPN and an online backup service, I decided to go with PIA (well over a year ago) and Backblaze because they sponsored LMG videos.  While I found the forum link to all the current sponsors working with LMG, I didn't see a quick way to find the most recent video sponsored by a specific company.  I'd like to watch the most recent sponsor spot so that I can find their most recent/current offer.  Finding the most recent sponsor spot would also allow me to make sure LMG gets credit for the sale.  Is there a way to easily search for such videos? If not, could someone create a way to do that?  

I believe the best way to go about this currently is to search for the sponsor you're looking for in the search bar on the LTT YouTube channel and it'll show you results where that sponsor is mentioned in the description of the video.

Additionally, you can visit this link https://lmg.gg/partners.

I think Denis should not only do all the WAN show sponsor spots but also all the LTT segues 

You guys should try Alternate. You might be doing the European fans a favour. You might even make it a challenge: building a PC in Europe vs. building a PC in US/Canada.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using jeans from a company called "The Perfect Jean" based in NYC for about 2 years now. Super solid company with amazing jeans. They look like denim but are stretchy and I love them.

The Perfect Jean | Unbelievably Comfortable Stretch Denim

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi LMG team I do purchases from a site and app called "banggood" like an aliexpress thing. There is a brand called blitzwolf they only sell through there but I have bought several products from them with good price quality and well built. So i would recommend to you have a research on their products and clould maybe do a video about it like the all pc build accessories with blitzwolf or something. They have docks power suplies nvme m.2 monitors monitors stands several earphones etc (which i have had a good experience).

rAiD sHaDoW lEgEnDs

you dont need an aio for anything but i9 cpus or heavy oc jobs just get an nh-d15 or peerless assassin

MARK THE SOLUTION AS SOLUTION

i am 14 so i may be wrong sometimes

@Bob__ is a w

• 3 weeks later...

hey i know a guy how works in a software company called five blue and from checking there site it looks like thay can help in the development of flwotplane  if any one from LMG is seeing this i suggest you give it a try 

5bsoftware.com