Black Screen after disabling my Intel integrated graphics card

jjasferreira
30 minutes ago, -rascal- said:

I think OP's explanation is not clear...

I believe OP is running a LAPTOP, rather than a desktop.

When he says "monitor" he means the laptop display.

He's connecting to an external monitor via the HDMI I/O port.

@jjasferreira what is the make and model of your ASUS laptop?

Are you able shut down the laptop, power it on again, and spam click the DELETE button to get into the laptop BIOS?

Another option, is to boot the laptop into Safe Mode.

But we would need to know your laptop model, so find out WHICH key you need to click to get into Safe Mode.

Some ASUS laptops use F10, others use F12, some use F4....etc.

It is a laptop, yes. And when I say monitor I am referring to the laptop display, you're correct.

ASUS F571LI

CPU: Intel Core i7-10750H Hexa-Core

iGPU: Intel UHD Graphics

dGPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti

The issue here is my display was dead before I disabled the iGPU. I think the connection between my laptop and my screen might be broken, so entering BIOS is impossible for now.

Do you think Safe Mode re-enables the iGPU by itself? If so, I could use the HDMI port and see what's happening on an external monitor.

10 minutes ago, jjasferreira said:

It is a laptop, yes. And when I say monitor I am referring to the laptop display, you're correct.

ASUS F571LI

CPU: Intel Core i7-10750H Hexa-Core

iGPU: Intel UHD Graphics

dGPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti

The issue here is my display was dead before I disabled the iGPU. I think the connection between my laptop and my screen might be broken, so entering BIOS is impossible for now.

Do you think Safe Mode re-enables the iGPU by itself? If so, I could use the HDMI port and see what's happening on an external monitor.

First you should had make your are talking about you laptop display. Since you wasn't other Posters  had good reason you were talking a about a Misconfigured Desktop.

8 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

First you should had make your are talking about you laptop display. Since you wasn't other Posters  had good reason you were talking a about a Misconfigured Desktop.

You're right. I'm sorry.

2 minutes ago, jjasferreira said:

You're right. I'm sorry.

I hope you are not one of the people who call the Computer, the Harddrive, a Display the Computer... That is still somewhat common.

Have you tried to do a "Hard reset" of the system?

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1047158

Hard reset (EC reset)

1. Please remove all external peripherals, such as external hard drives, printers, memory cards, external ODD (if your computer is with internal ODD, please remove CD/DVDs), dongles, etc.
  2. Power off the computer.
  3. Remove the AC adapter.
    Note: Please don’t remove the AC adapter for ASUS laptop TP420IA and UX425IA model. (These models need to plug in the AC adapter to do the Hard reset process.)
  4. Remove the battery (some model may not remove the battery, please continue to the next step).
  5. Press and hold Power Button for 40 seconds to do Hard reset.
  6. Re-install the AC adapter and battery, then power on the computer and check whether the problem is resolved or not. If the problem persists, please continue to the next chapter for troubleshooting.

5 minutes ago, Mattias Edeslatt said:

You can't activate the external display with the FN-key + whatever key that is assigned to activate/deactivate the external display?

It doesn't work, the HDMI port is controlled by the iGPU, I believe.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Mattias Edeslatt said:

Have you tried to do a "Hard reset" of the system?

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1047158

I got in touch with the ASUS reparation center, and as it turns out, they let you open up the computer, if only for changing the RAM and/or the disks. So I am doing a backup and sending the laptop to the RMA.

Thanks for trying to help me, anyway!! 😄

See if this works to get inte the BIOS on the external display after you have done the "hard reset".

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1008829

General situation (Before booting)

While the computer isn’t powered on yet, press and hold the [F2] button of the keyboard, and then press the [Power button] (Do not release F2 button until the BIOS configuration display.).

I don't get it how a disabled iGPU-driver in Windows can disable display output if you don't load Windows. You should be able to get a display out if you haven't disabled the feature in the BIOS.

The only way that is possible is if the iGPU itself have died and is no longer working. A driver or setting in Windows can't disable something on a hardware level.

5 minutes ago, Mattias Edeslatt said:

I don't get it how a disabled iGPU-driver in Windows can disable display output if you don't load Windows. You should be able to get a display out if you haven't disabled the feature in the BIOS.

The only way that is possible is if the iGPU itself have died and is no longer working. A driver or setting in Windows can't disable something on a hardware level.

The reason why It doesn't work before the Windows boot is because the laptop display is broken. That was the reason why I disabled the iGPU on the first place. I think the connection between the monitor and the laptop might be broken or there is something going on with the screen.

Well, I meant how it could disable the screen output for the external display. We already know that the internal display is broken but that shouldn't affect the external connection if the GPU is working, disabled in windows or not.

Have you tried FN + F8 to toggle the external display output?