These decents stats for a Nas

Gears OG

Ryzen 7 3700x. 16gb ddr4 3200. Gtx970 for transcoding. And 12.5 tb storage with a 4tb parity

20220203_130135.jpg

9 minutes ago, Gears OG said:

Ryzen 7 3700x. 16gb ddr4 3200. Gtx970 for transcoding. And 12.5 tb storage with a 4tb parity

I don't see why not, with transcoding done on the GPU its probably far more powerful than you need.  Though a newer GPU would be better its not even worth thinking about at current prices.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

traded my GTX950 and 50 bucks to a friend, for the 970, and then the 950 went to another friend who GPU just died, he was only using a gtx 760, so still a upgrade all around

ok update, took out my 500gb drive for a 2 tb drive so I now have 14tb of usable storage, and upgraded to 32gb of ram... I might have a problem lmao

58 minutes ago, Gears OG said:

ok update, took out my 500gb drive for a 2 tb drive so I now have 14tb of usable storage, and upgraded to 32gb of ram... I might have a problem lmao

Was there a question or is this just a "look at my setup" post? 

I guess the question is did i do a decent job of building a home server, just wanting feedback from the community. and look at my setup

27 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Was there a question or is this just a "look at my setup" post? 

if you think this is unreasonable you should see my main rig, and the question is how did i do on the system??

Fantastic server, the only potential issue I can see is potentially being limited in Plex transcodes & h.265 support.  I think the default for the 970 is 3, but as you might know you can override that (great resource) and it doesn't support h.265.  I ended up going with a Quadro M2000 which is in the $100-150 range on ebay, is single slot and low power.

Neither are huge issues though and your system sounds really rad!

Personally I just avoid transcoding at all, made sure all my clients can directplay.  But I don't generally use it remotely where transcoding can be essential.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7