Feeling like it's time for a different kind of mouse.

B1scu1T
1 hour ago, Middcore said:

It's a common issue on anything with Omron switches, which is basically all gaming mice now except the ones using optical switches. 

Even within a few weeks of ownership?

5 minutes ago, B1scu1T said:

Even within a few weeks of ownership?

Possibly. I had a Corsair mouse where it happened within 3-4 months. Some people get through a year or two. Some people get lucky and it never happens. It's a total crapshoot. But it's endemic with all the major gaming mouse brands because they get their switches from the same supplier (although they all trumpet having 50 gazillion click switches as if they're special). Zowie I think tried Huano switches in one of their mice and everybody bitched at them that the clicks felt slightly different from what they were used to so back to the chronically faulty Omrons we go.

The only way to have some relative peace of mind about avoiding this problem in the future is to get a mouse with optical switches.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

46 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Possibly. I had a Corsair mouse where it happened within 3-4 months. Some people get through a year or two. Some people get lucky and it never happens. It's a total crapshoot. But it's endemic with all the major gaming mouse brands because they get their switches from the same supplier (although they all trumpet having 50 gazillion click switches as if they're special). Zowie I think tried Huano switches in one of their mice and everybody bitched at them that the clicks felt slightly different from what they were used to so back to the chronically faulty Omrons we go.

The only way to have some relative peace of mind about avoiding this problem in the future is to get a mouse with optical switches.

I mean surely they used OMRON in all my Logitech mice prior to the Corsair one and they all worked fine for years. There definitely does seem to be something in particular wrong with these Corsair mice.

Either way, I just ordered a Kone XP, which is more than I wanted to spend, but uses an optical switch.

1 minute ago, B1scu1T said:

I mean surely they used OMRON in all my Logitech mice prior to the Corsair one and they all worked fine for years. There definitely does seem to be something in particular wrong with these Corsair mice.

Either way, I just ordered a Kone XP, which is more than I wanted to spend, but uses an optical switch.

Google "Logitech mouse doubleclick" and see how great Logitech is doing with this. Some people actually claim Logitech mice are more susceptible to it because of the amount of voltage Logitech uses or something, but I am highly skeptical. 

I personally use a Kone Pro Air and couldn't be more satisfied with it, Roccat is a highly underrated peripheral brand. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

Google "Logitech mouse doubleclick" and see how great Logitech is doing with this. Some people actually claim Logitech mice are more susceptible to it because of the amount of voltage Logitech uses or something, but I am highly skeptical. 

I personally use a Kone Pro Air and couldn't be more satisfied with it, Roccat is a highly underrated peripheral brand. 

If only you had come along earlier, my friend 😆

The Corsair got progressively worse over a single day (wtf?!) to the point where it was nearly unusable. Will be interesting to see how the customer support deals with this, given it's less than 6 months old and this is my second RMA within a month.

Good news is that the Roccat arrived today. Ergonomically it's actually nicer than the M65, the soft cord is very nice, and the button clicks all feel crisp enough. I hadnt realised it had QUITE so many buttons, but better to have and not need, I guess.

Too early to give a deep dive report on how I feel about it but I will say that I'm not blown away by the software so far. I had a bunch of issues with it but managed to fumble my way through and turn off most of the RGB nonsense.

Couple of days now and I have to say, this mouse is absolutely fantastic. Every time I grab it and use it, it just feels so comfortable and smooth... probably the most comfortable mouse I have had since the MX518.

So far I haven't found a great use for all the buttons, but as I get back into AutoCAD, Fusion and Visio... I'm sure I will find uses for all of them with some custom profiles.

So far I only have 2 profiles, desktop and game. Desktop has the top side, and bottom side buttons doing the same thing. Browser forward and browser backward.... just doesn't seem worth it having those doing anything else on a desktop.

That said, unlike some reviews I have seen, I haven't found the cluster of four buttons to be awkward or difficult to navigate at all. It's actually VERY clear which button you're about to press. The only daft thing about it is the modifier button below it. Now this button is great for a low DPI (e.g. sniper) button, but as a modifier it seems a bit silly, as when you're pressing it, the only buttons you can comfortably reach are LMB, RMB, and MMB... at a stretch you can reach the DPI and profile buttons, but its a bit awkward. I'm sure there are some MMORPG games where this would make sense, but to me it just makes sense as a button rather than a modifier. This is all choice though, it's configurable, so no points dropped.

I might experiment on the desktop with some windows desktop features (Task View, switch desktop up/down) and see how it works.

So far its a 4/5 for me, and only loses a point for the software being a bit poo and crashing during initial config and upload.