HP T620 Thin Client - $10 USD each

zogthegreat

Hieveryone!

Due to boredom, I've been playing around with thin clients. Their essentially a Raspberry Pi on steroids. Here's the quick specs:

AMD GX-217GA dual core CPU, (SOC)

4 external USB 2.0

2 external USB 3.0

2 internal USB 2.0

16 gb DDR3L, (max RAM)

1 M.2

1 mSATA

1 mPCI-E

Passive cooling

I found a seller on eBay that's selling them for $10 USD each. Fairly good deal when you consider that a Raspberry Pi goes for between $35 to, (WTF??), $100 USD! 

The seller seems to be a rather nice person, when I asked about some M 1.6 screws for the M.2 and mPCI-E holders, he was nice enough to go searching for some for me... on an item that he made $10 on. He's selling these without the power adapter, so be sure to ask if he has any in stock. If he doesn't, here's the HP part numbers for the PSU:

F5A54AT

TPC-LA58

902990-001

751889-001 

I have on as a print server and another that I'm doing a TrueNAS build on and another one that I'm planning on turning into a pfSense box. Fairly flexible and actually a lot of fun to play with.

(Full disclaimer) I have no connection with this seller other than he sold me the thin client.

Here's the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193759139640

Yeah, the catch is  no ram, no storage, no power supply (it's not the plain generic barrel jack, have to get the proper barrel jack adapter)

$10-15 for a power adapter, 5-10$ for a 4 GB DDR3L SO-DIMM stick, 5$ for a 4-8 GB SSD, it adds up...

There's potentially better deals for higher price like for example https://www.ebay.com/itm/114930025360

- for 39 euro/50$ you get a bit bigger case, ac adapter, 4 GB ram, 8 GB SSD (mSATA), 2 serial ports, vga/dvi/dp, pci-e low profile so you could add even a 10g fiber card should you want to... downside is max 4 GB, and only (edit: mostly)USB 2.0 ports, 4 of them and 2 usb 2.0 ports.