work PC with spare parts I got at home

salatji

Budget (including currency): €200ish, nothing too fancy

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: work

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): spare Ryzen 1600x, spare cpu cooler, spare fans, spare 1050ti, spare ssd

I don't want to spend too much on this build. I am unsure if I could buy a 450 board for this intended build (idk if the 1600x would work on it) or if e.g. a ASRock A320M-DVS for like €30 is the better choice.

For a PSU I've been thinking that a 300W or 400W (semi-)modular is probably enough. Case should be fairly compact since this will be exclusively used for office work (aka excel, ppt and zoom/teams meetings).

Ok so ram board and thats it right?

A msi b450 tomahawk, mortar or pro vdh would be great. The asrock a320 dvs is low end crap don't buy it. Psu wise if you can the cx450m should be a 50€ unit if available.

For an office pc, that A320 motherboard is fine. A Ryzen 1600 doesn't consume more than around 60 watts, and the 5-10w the VRM would dissipate due to inefficiency can be easily dissipated into the motherboard

The GTX 1050 ti is overkill for an office pc though, some would pay decent money for one.   You could potentially sell the Ryzen 1600 and video card as a bundle and get a used 2200g or something like that and put the difference in ram.

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

For an office pc, that A320 motherboard is fine. A Ryzen 1600 doesn't consume more than around 60 watts, and the 5-10w the VRM would dissipate due to inefficiency can be easily dissipated into the motherboard

The GTX 1050 ti is overkill for an office pc though, some would pay decent money for one.   You could potentially sell the Ryzen 1600 and video card as a bundle and get a used 2200g or something like that and put the difference in ram.

Holy cow... I just realized that I can get 150€ for the 1050ti... °_°