Need Help Urgently I can’t Log into Windows 11

aholmes28191

Can someone please help me get to the the bottom of this. So my computer has been running Windows 11 insider program build for a few months seemingly all ok.

two nights ago it asked for an update and I let it do its thing, after that I shut it down and come back two days later I can’t login. 

I have windows hello PIN number and a password set up neither work the text box blinks and clears that’s is it. Kinda thought I was going nuts and forgot my pin and password, but I guarantee it is correct. I also noticed there is no network connection/adapter when logging it most certainly used connect at this stage.

so next I reboot into safe mode with networking Pin and password work ok,  created a new admin account with no password, reboot into normal mode and still can’t get in. In device manager a lot of drivers including network and Wi-Fi card adapter have error code 37 windows cannot initialise device driver, try to uninstall and reinstall from local (no internet connections without the wifi card) when I click install device driver that used to work I get a pop up Code 37 again.

Also when I leave the computer on login screen every 60 seconds the system hard reboots.

so basically I can get in in safe mode but not normal.

can someone please help figure this out driving me crazy

thanks 

If you have no data to worry about, I would just use another computer to crate a Windows 11 MCT and do a clean install. If you do have Data to worry about get it off with either another computer or by installing windows on another drive and pulling the data off. and then do a clean install.

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

2 minutes ago, mr fobs said:

If you have no data to worry about, I would just use another computer to crate a Windows 11 MCT and do a clean install. If you do have Data to worry about get it off with either another computer or by installing windows on another drive and pulling the data off. and then do a clean install.

I will ditto this, but only if both drives are accessible at the same time, or there is a second computer to run the drive at as an external drive. If it's his only computer, then running the second drive would be impossible without a second S/ATA. And you can't pull it off the drive the data is on since there is no OS to let's say push it to the cloud or use a usb

If you have a android phone laying around, connect that using USB tethering once you are at the login screen. Drivers for those are usually not necessary and you might be able to login with your MS account. FYI, this is the reason why nobody will recommend you to run insider program on your machines where device is critical in some way.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Tried to connect android phone as usb tether also (should have said that before) still won’t login just clears the password box and blinks. 

It’s looking like a reinstall is in order, I was having a few other bugs with audio etc.

I have 3 drives, OS is installed on NVME drive, and I keep data and steam library on the others.

Is it possible to move all data to the later 2 drives, unplug them, wipe and reinstall on the NVME drive? I’ve heard that TPM can cause issues with this kind of procedure.

23 minutes ago, Robchil said:

have you tried to boot to troubleshooting and uninstall last update? 

I haven’t tried this yet, I will give it a go though. Thanks

Just to add also , in safe mode I connected the android usb tether and when I go into the update menu in setting it say check settings later and the menu seems broken

11 minutes ago, aholmes28191 said:

Tried to connect android phone as usb tether also (should have said that before) still won’t login just clears the password box and blinks. 

It’s looking like a reinstall is in order, I was having a few other bugs with audio etc.

I have 3 drives, OS is installed on NVME drive, and I keep data and steam library on the others.

Is it possible to move all data to the later 2 drives, unplug them, wipe and reinstall on the NVME drive? I’ve heard that TPM can cause issues with this kind of procedure.

All you have to do is when you reinstall steam, point your downloads back to the right folder on steam. You can replace your documents + company by backing them up on the drives too. Everything else sounds right

Ok just before I reinstall windows, I have a Large capacity HDD that I have moved all my files too (no OS files are on this disk), my plan was to back everything to that HDD, power down, unplug and reinstall windows on my NVME, will this work ok or no?

I’ve heard that the windows 11 TPM encrypts the drives to that specific version of windows, so a fresh install will render that drive useless because it is encrypted to the pre fresh install version if that makes sense?

SOLVED!!! @Robchil hit the nail on the head, uninstalled the latest feature update in the advanced menu, restarted and booted right into desktop no issues logging in and Wi-Fi. Thanks for all your help.