The minimum fan speed on my AIO feels too high and is loud.

Snugglebottom
Go to solution Solved by 1982 Original,

Sounds like you need new fans or a fan hub that can go to zero. I would consider fans first I think. I’d wonder about fans that were still audible and unpleasant at something as low as 23%. Not knowing what fans you have, I’d expect most fans to be somewhere around 400 to 600rpm at 23%. Many good fans are inaudible at those speeds. Which makes me consider new fans, especially if you’re sensitive to noise. 

Yeah so as the title states I just installed an AIO in my PC and the fans lowest setting is 23% which is too loud for me when its just idling at 30c. Is there anything i can do to change this? I tried to change the settings in the bios and it wont even let me enter anything below 23% in the fan settings/fan curve. The motherboard in question is ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI. 

Thanks for any help!

Sounds like you need new fans or a fan hub that can go to zero. I would consider fans first I think. I’d wonder about fans that were still audible and unpleasant at something as low as 23%. Not knowing what fans you have, I’d expect most fans to be somewhere around 400 to 600rpm at 23%. Many good fans are inaudible at those speeds. Which makes me consider new fans, especially if you’re sensitive to noise. 

7 hours ago, 1982 Original said:

Thank you for the advice. What kind of speed controller would you suggest? I'm also just gonna go ahead and buy some noctuas to go w it.

3 hours ago, Snugglebottom said:

Thank you for the advice. What kind of speed controller would you suggest? I'm also just gonna go ahead and buy some noctuas to go w it.

I use an NZXT fan and rgb hub. Corsair has one too, I think they call theirs iCUE. Quieter fans is a good choice. Noctua or Be Quiet are what I prefer. Good fans also have a really long life span. I’ve never personally had a Noctua fan go bad and. I’ve had some for 10 years maybe. Trying to think back to when I bought the NH-D14 cooler. Anyway, buy them once and you can keep moving them from build to build over the years. 

1 hour ago, 1982 Original said:

I use an NZXT fan and rgb hub. Corsair has one too, I think they call theirs iCUE. Quieter fans is a good choice. Noctua or Be Quiet are what I prefer. Good fans also have a really long life span. I’ve never personally had a Noctua fan go bad and. I’ve had some for 10 years maybe. Trying to think back to when I bought the NH-D14 cooler. Anyway, buy them once and you can keep moving them from build to build over the years. 

Yeah I've been using the same CPU cooler tower w from noctua since like one of the first PCs i built but im not super confident about the fan controllers etc i usually just plug the fans into the cpu fan header on the mobo.