Flickering of screen

Ragear56

So the bottom of my screen started to flicker a few months ago , this only happens in full screen only here are the specs

Ryzen 4800H

GTX1650

16GB RAM 

475 GB SSD 

Picture one shows the problem/flickering 

Picture 2 shows the expected image ie no flicker20220126_145452(0).thumb.jpg.9d360a9f72fd1f1ff798f5b6107e2586.jpg20220126_145505(0).thumb.jpg.386986715ef5c2bf3460417601ebbfc5.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ragear56 said:

So the bottom of my screen started to flicker a few months ago , this only happens in full screen only here are the specs

Ryzen 4800H

GTX1650

16GB RAM 

475 GB SSD 

Picture one shows the problem/flickering 

Picture 2 shows the expected image ie no flicker20220126_145452(0).thumb.jpg.9d360a9f72fd1f1ff798f5b6107e2586.jpg20220126_145505(0).thumb.jpg.386986715ef5c2bf3460417601ebbfc5.jpg

Is this a laptop? If the screen has a small flicker my guess is the internal cable for the screen (my laptop was doing this until I swapped the cable)

But some things to try:

Use an external monitor and see if it flickers (should narrow down if the GPU is at fault or the display)

Try a different cable type just to make sure that port isn't going bad (I.e DisplayPort and HDMI if you can)

Reset the display back to normal: Windows settings -> system -> advanced scaling -> clear previous settings -> apply

Install DDU and run in safe mode, eliminates any GPU driver issues

delete your external monitor cache (google it, super easy)

7 minutes ago, Frizz said:

Is this a laptop? If the screen has a small flicker my guess is the internal cable for the screen (my laptop was doing this until I swapped the cable)

But some things to try:

Use an external monitor and see if it flickers (should narrow down if the GPU is at fault or the display)

Try a different cable type just to make sure that port isn't going bad (I.e DisplayPort and HDMI if you can)

Reset the display back to normal: Windows settings -> system -> advanced scaling -> clear previous settings -> apply

Install DDU and run in safe mode, eliminates any GPU driver issues

delete your external monitor cache (google it, super easy)

I agree. This is most likely the cable 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

thanks , since another monitor would be very expensive for me. so would i just need to delete the cache, and check??? or would i need a display cable replacement

Please do send a link or something . so that i can buy it and replace it

1 minute ago, Ragear56 said:

Please do send a link or something . so that i can buy it and replace it

does it flicker if you move the lid forth and back?  or anything change then? 

2 minutes ago, Robchil said:

does it flicker if you move the lid forth and back?  or anything change then? 

im not really sure by what you mean but i have noticied that the top part of the screen would flicker at the botttom ie . If there was a message like hi,

the message hi would flicker continuosly

no by physicaly opening and closing the Lid/screen on your laptop.. a little bit.. is it flickering then? 

2 minutes ago, Robchil said:

no by physicaly opening and closing the Lid/screen on your laptop.. a little bit.. is it flickering then? 

havent really done that as im very scared on doing that tbh

14 minutes ago, Ragear56 said:

thanks , since another monitor would be very expensive for me. so would i just need to delete the cache, and check??? or would i need a display cable replacement

Do you not have a TV or anything? Even that would work. Maybe a friends TV or monitor you could try

If not then we would need your laptop name otherwise I won't know what cable to buy.

Just a heads up, replacing a laptop cable suuuucks. It takes time to make sure you route it and don't break anything 

Just now, Frizz said:

Do you not have a TV or anything? Even that would work. Maybe a friends TV or monitor you could try

If not then we would need your laptop name otherwise I won't know what cable to buy.

Just a heads up, replacing a laptop cable suuuucks. It takes time to make sure you route it and don't break anything 

defentitly not im careless ill ask some one else to do but heres the laptop i have an LENOVO IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ARH05

Just now, Robchil said:

do you have the serial nr we can check the warranty too. 

the end is the serial number i think not sure

Just now, Ragear56 said:

the end is the serial number i think not sure

ie the 15 part

ie the 15 part

however weirdly , on fsx i never got this, i only get this in dcs

you could use this link.. and detect it yourself. https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/no/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/3-series/ideapad-gaming-3-15arh05 

under warranty and services you should see if it's still under warranty.. if it is call lenovo for support.. if it's not best option unless you have tools and knowhow contact a local pc-repair shop.  to swap the cable. 

Just now, Robchil said:

you could use this link.. and detect it yourself. https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/no/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/3-series/ideapad-gaming-3-15arh05 

under warranty and services you should see if it's still under warranty.. if it is call lenovo for support.. if it's not best option unless you have tools and knowhow contact a local pc-repair shop.  to swap the cable. 

would a 

Just now, Robchil said:

3 months remaining.. lucky you.. 

yea we gonna upgrade later

so i would just need on microsfot tech support right?

Just now, Robchil said:

no.. lenovo support 

k thx

Could you send a screen cable for this pc, since i will buy and replace it

Could you send a screen cable for this pc, since i will buy and replace it

no..  Lenovo will do that for you. you might have to deliver it to them or ship it.

what country are you in?