Looking for opinions on this build.

xven
Go to solution Solved by Naijin,
20 minutes ago, xven said:

Budget (including currency): 3000-3200 canadien dollars

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly Apex Legends, Super people and other upcoming games.

Other details I own 2 monitors a 144hz and a 240hz panel with keyboard and mouse already. So the budget is the the tower alone.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/ffJgXy   ( this is what i have in mind )

The gpu and psu is a bundle i put the price of the bundle on the gpu and put a 0$ price tag on the psu.

I'd say it looks great. It's well balanced. Are you going to overclock? You could get away with a less overkill cooler if not overclocking, but that's just a minor thing. If the aesthetics are important, do it 🙂

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly Apex Legends, Super people and other upcoming games.

Other details I own 2 monitors a 144hz and a 240hz panel with keyboard and mouse already. So the budget is the the tower alone.

The gpu and psu is a bundle i put the price of the bundle on the gpu and put a 0$ price tag on the psu.

20 minutes ago, xven said:

I'd say it looks great. It's well balanced. Are you going to overclock? You could get away with a less overkill cooler if not overclocking, but that's just a minor thing. If the aesthetics are important, do it 🙂

Just now, Naijin said:

I watched a jayztwocents video that says that the auto OC was more then great, so i will most likely do that and play with the voltage a little to lower it as he did. I am looking for the aesthetics also as i am keeping it up on desk and it's always better to have something easy on the eyes.

33 minutes ago, xven said:

its gonna be a real good setup just gonna tell u one thing dont go amd ther cpu are trash as i bought one for me it was oc edition and it could not handel my workload but my intel cpu could handle it and the amd graphics adapters are trash its mine perspective but overall the pc setup u chose is going to be a beast but i think i would save a little on ram and a liitele more on gpu like 3080 ti or 3090 ti

1 minute ago, Repear76 said:

its gonna be a real good setup just gonna tell u one thing dont go amd ther cpu are trash as i bought one for me it was oc edition and it could not handel my workload but my intel cpu could handle it and the amd graphics adapters are trash its mine perspective but overall the pc setup u chose is going to be a beast but i think i would save a little on ram and a liitele more on gpu like 3080 ti or 3090 ti

The 12600k is too good for the money to pass on it, i feel like it's the perfect gaming cpu for me. Anything from a 3080 to a 3090 would cost me anywhere from 500-1000+$ and i am not capable to push my budget that much. Also if you get a 3080ti or a 3090ti i would think you would get a 12900k cpu also. 

Just now, xven said:

The 12600k is too good for the money to pass on it, i feel like it's the perfect gaming cpu for me. Anything from a 3080 to a 3090 would cost me anywhere from 500-1000+$ and i am not capable to push my budget that much. Also if you get a 3080ti or a 3090ti i would think you would get a 12900k cpu also. 

i dont think that u need to go that much but dont worry cause u pc is actually gonna be good

no need to change after all i am developing games so its my opinon and u are gonna be a casual gamer i think so its fine for u 

Just now, Repear76 said:

i dont think that u need to go that much but dont worry cause u pc is actually gonna be good

no need to change after all i am developing games so its my opinon and u are gonna be a casual gamer i think so its fine for u 

Yea i am running a 2600 cpu with a 2060 right now and the pc could still hold me a good 2 years if needed. But a friend of mine only has 1000$ for a full pc so i will sell him my pc for 1000$ when i get my new one done. I also game at 1080p so the need of a top tier gpu and cpu is not needed in my case :).

1 minute ago, xven said:

Yea i am running a 2600 cpu with a 2060 right now and the pc could still hold me a good 2 years if needed. But a friend of mine only has 1000$ for a full pc so i will sell him my pc for 1000$ when i get my new one done. I also game at 1080p so the need of a top tier gpu and cpu is not needed in my case :).

yep u right but do u plan on streaming at all

1 minute ago, Repear76 said:

yep u right but do u plan on streaming at all

Not for now but i don't think i would need so much more of a pc to stream would i ?

6 minutes ago, xven said:

Not for now but i don't think i would need so much more of a pc to stream would i ?

nope u specs are good and u can stream to i think ok then goodbye hope u have fun with u new pc

34 minutes ago, Repear76 said:

AMD don't make "OC edition" CPUs... do you mean ####X? And nothing is wrong with AMD cpus... one anecdote doesn't ruin all of them.

1 minute ago, Jack Dvorak said:

AMD don't make "OC edition" CPUs... do you mean ####X? And nothing is wrong with AMD cpus... one anecdote doesn't ruin all of them.

bro really that means i oc my cpu how idiot of u

1 minute ago, Jack Dvorak said:

and i am not ruinng anything ok if u wanna go amd just go i dont care and he already chose intel so why u even talking with me ...

7 minutes ago, Jack Dvorak said:

and for u kind information i am using a amd ryzen 3200g as of we are chatting

3 hours ago, Repear76 said:

and for u kind information i am using a amd ryzen 3200g as of we are chatting

The 3200g is a low end 4-core cpu, you can't really compare that with any current 5000 series, just to clarify for @xven

AMD did have the performance lead since the release of the 5000 series in both single and multithreaded applications. Now with the 12th gen Core series, Intel has taken the lead again, albeit with significantly more power draw during all-core loads. During gaming however, power draw is very similar. It's just a waiting game for us consumers until AMD releases their 5800X3D and other processors as a refresh with more cache, and not to forget the upcoming series to compete with Intel 12th gen.