Glitchy Horizontal Lines at high refresh rate

Gatlin11

Recently I've been experiencing issues with running my monitor above 100Hz. The display is rated at 144Hz and the model is the AOC27G2G4. Anytime I set the refresh rate above 100Hz the monitor displays glitchy horizontal lines when there are darker backgrounds. It never happens when the image is brighter and I haven't been able to pinpoint the exact issue. So if anyone has any suggestions that would be much appreciated. Below are my pc specs and a video demonstrating the problem at 120Hz the photo is at 144Hz.

https://imgur.com/a/zBe8nO3

PC Specs:

CPU: R7 2700

GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 FTW

MOBO: Asus b450f (version 1)

Memory: T-Force 16GB 3200mhz

PSU: EVGA 700 watt

Are you using DisplayPort or HDMI?

LTT recently has several videos testing cables and finding that sometimes (specially HDMI cables) won't perform how they are supposed to.

It could be that the one you are using is not capable of the refresh rate and resolution you are trying...

If you are using HDMI currently try to plug in DisplayPort instead or viceversa,

It could be a faulty gpu but it's unlikely that's the case

If the cables are not at fault, try sending your monitor back for a guarantee and get a replacement.

I hope you find a solution!

I've done a little bit of trouble shooting and have used both HDMI and display port cables. Like you mentioned it could be a faulty display or god forbid a faulty GPU. I have another system that I was gonna hook up to see if it the display or the GPU in my current computer. I'll post the results once I get around to doing that. Thank you for the suggestions!