MiniTool Moviemaker Review

So, I got this free video editor on my PC, and I think it deserves a review. Let’s begin!

THE PROS

Many pros. 1, it’s free. 2, it has no ads and there is no “premium” version for more features, so you get free range of all of the features available. 3, there is no watermark, so that is great for me because I edit small videos for my friends channel. 4, it is very lightweight and it feels and looks like a very very very very very scaled down Premiere Pro. And 5, it is great at cutting down clips for editing. But, there are always cons.

THE CONS

The cons are that since it’s free, it feels sketchy, but it has decent reviews, but reviews that tell the whole story. I kind of found this on a limb, because I was looking for editors to snip videos, and this was at the top. There aren’t many options for editing, but that’s probably why there isn’t a “premium” version.

CONCLUSION

It is good because I don’t have money to spend on a video editor. It gets the job done though.

MiniTool Moviemaker Review: 8/10. It gets the job done pretty well.

UI of the video editor:

mini tool UI.png

Edited by ebprince the computer nerd
added a photo of the UI

how are you doing today

1 minute ago, Novasandfriends said:

try shotcut. I've made like 16 videos with it on trash for editing hardware 11 gen i3 laptop

I’ll have to check it out, it sounds trustworthy and decent.

how are you doing today

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Have you tried resolve? Its probably the best free video editor, but much more complex that most of the other free ones. Just tried minitool move maker, and its fine and works, but resolve and others have many more features.

I have definitely heard of Resolve, but I thought it was paid. Welp, now I have some video editors to test out.

how are you doing today

22 minutes ago, ebprince the computer nerd said:

I have definitely heard of Resolve, but I thought it was paid. Welp, now I have some video editors to test out.

Resolve is by far the best for free, its a professional level non-linear editor on the level of Premier and Final Cut.

Feature length films are made on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DaVinci_Resolve#Film

2 hours ago, rickeo said:

Resolve is by far the best for free, its a professional level non-linear editor on the level of Premier and Final Cut.

Feature length films are made on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DaVinci_Resolve#Film

Holy cow, all those shows were made on Resolve? I need to check this out NOW.

EDIT: Is the website www.blackmagicdesign.com?

Edited by ebprince the computer nerd

how are you doing today