Laptops for work use rather than gaming with upgradable options

5aberd

Which of these laptops is better, I know that they are gaming laptops but they have better performance for their price range and these are the options availble at the meantime. 

- Acer Swift X 14Sfx Ryzen 7 5700U-16GB
- MSI Crosshair 15 A11UEK-205 i7-11800H-16GB
- DELL G15 GAMING G15RE R5 5600H-16GB

I'm searching in terms of power and quality for this range. 

The acer will look most fitting for work out of the 3 here but if you are working from home or don't care about look I suggest both the AMD options but read these first if you haven't already 

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-5700U-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-5600H/m1482042vsm1522632

https://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/compare_cpu-amd_ryzen_7_5700u-1764-vs-amd_ryzen_5_5600h-1858

I would recommend against Acer, especially the lower end ones. They cut corners in build quality so they can get impressive specs for the price, they load up Windows with bloatware, and they're generally not built with user servicing in mind. 

Another one, though you probably don't care, is they're actively hostile towards Linux, deploying BIOS updates that make Linux completely non fuctional. They make Windows a requirement to even do a BIOS update at all. Even to a Windows user, that should show how consumer unfriendly they are. 

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

If you are looking for build quality and comfort, I would recommend you look for a Lenovo ThinkPad workstation laptop, somehting like ThinkPad T15p Gen 2 or ThinkPad T15 Gen 2 are rock solid, have amazing screens, the best keyboard of their kind and a solid build quality. There are other options with better GPUs, but they are more expensive.