Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 14api won't power on

Mogwai1138

Hi folks. I'm looking for some help regarding my 2020 Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 14 laptop.

I took off the bottom cover to perform a regular cleaning and when I put it all back together the machine refused to turn on. Just before powering it down and removing the bottom cover I was using it normally and had performed other software updates. Its charging led also does not turn on when I plug it in. 

However, when the battery is connected and/or the AC adapter is plugged in, there's an electrical hum or buzzing near the CPU and its heatpipe, among the mainboard components that are laid out in that area. I can't visually tell if there are any like, little scorch marks or obvious visual damage from a short or anything, as far as I can tell. 

I've tested the nvme and ram, those are both functional. I don't have the means to test its battery. I don't have an extra compatible power adapter to see if that's the problem. 

I've had it since Jan 2020 and it's seen regular use since then. I hope it just hasn't suddenly died on me.

I'd appreciate any help. Thank you.