12900k thermal throttle.

Hey guys I just watched this video 

and it mentioned a bowing effect on the cpu. Now iv got a Bow on the pcb goes downward towards towards centre. But my Ihs is as flat as it can be. Is a bowed pcb going to affect my cooling performance without undervolting in cinebench r23 I immediately hit 100°c

Jay gets a few things wrong in that video. Watch the Buildzoid version to get the specifics about how it actually works and what's going on. He should know, he's the one that discovered the mod to begin with.

The gist of it is if the curve of the CPU and the curve of the CPU cooler don't match, you'll have issues. Depending on what cooler you have, those temps can be normal (the 12900k draws a ton of power) or way too high. If you've got a 360mm radiator, there is something up with your mount.

14 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Jay gets a few things wrong in that video. Watch the Buildzoid version to get the specifics about how it actually works and what's going on. He should know, he's the one that discovered the mod to begin with.

The gist of it is if the curve of the CPU and the curve of the CPU cooler don't match, you'll have issues. Depending on what cooler you have, those temps can be normal (the 12900k draws a ton of power) or way too high. If you've got a 360mm radiator, there is something up with your mount.

Iv got a coolermaster ml360 v1 iv got a arctic freezer II 360 on the way, It may not change much, but iv heard the backplate with the 1700 upgrade kit can help.