CPU throttling down to 0.1 ghz while play forza horizon 5

Whenever I play forza horizon 5 on my laptop, for some weird reason the cpu throttle's down to 0.1- 0.2 ghz with a very low cpu usage while playing. This causes huge stutters down to 5 fps. I run the game at lowest settings at 30 fps and I am 100% sure that it is not a gpu bottleneck as when it happens I dont see the gpu usage at 100% or anything close. Its at 50% most of the time. I suspect that my cpu is thermal throttling as the laptop tends to be very hot(gpu temps are at 90 degrees). I still dont know why. I always clean my laptop fan once a month. Is there any fix to this? Should I repaste the thermal paste? Will that void the warranty?

The laptop model is acer aspire 5 a514-54g. Specs: i5-1135g7, mx350 gpu , 12gb ram(upgraded from 8) , ssd.

4 minutes ago, minecrapp said:

Whenever I play forza horizon 5 on my laptop, for some weird reason the cpu throttle's down to 0.1- 0.2 ghz with a very low cpu usage while playing. This causes huge stutters down to 5 fps. I run the game at lowest settings at 30 fps and I am 100% sure that it is not a gpu bottleneck as when it happens I dont see the gpu usage at 100% or anything close. Its at 50% most of the time. I suspect that my cpu is thermal throttling as the laptop tends to be very hot(gpu temps are at 90 degrees). I still dont know why. I always clean my laptop fan once a month. Is there any fix to this? Should I repaste the thermal paste? Will that void the warranty?

The laptop model is acer aspire 5 a514-54g. Specs: i5-1135g7, mx350 gpu , 12gb ram(upgraded from 8) , ssd.

how hot is your cpu when your playing?

have you updated the bios?