Bungie fires composer Martin O'Donnell

Argent

This means he's free for hiring... this could be good for my project..

I think Bungie just needed someone with a Fresh view on the music... Keeping with 1 person can become stale after a while

I suppose you're right, but to just drop it on him one day without any reason is a bit unfair. At least that's what it sounds like happened. 

this seriously sucks. I feel bad for Marty.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

I think Marty at least deserves a reason. They just lost one of their best assets, I feel that the world of Bungie I once knew is disappearing.

I stopped caring about anything Bungie does when they decided to not put Destiny on PC.

The music was one of the best fking parts of Halo

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Without cause firing means he can collect unemployment and go elsewhere without worrying about any non-compete clauses.

This was in fact the WORST way Bungie could've let him go.

The man is rich between his pre game composing and his royalties off Halo (which he still gets). Cutting him loose for a freelance hack doesn't speak well to internal company politics at all

It seems like an insane move. Especially if it's true that they did so 'without cause'.

The man is a huge part of the reason Bungie have become so successful. To simply dismiss him in this way seems very out of character for the company. I really want to know more about what has happened here.

they probably did it to save money.

I started hating on Bungie when they pretty much dropped PC gaming for consoles  :P 

No but seriously, I don't think any of us know what's going on behind closed doors. For all we know Bungie had a solid reason, maybe not... All I can say is the man is a great artist and I wish him all the best.

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD