Possible Xbox series X scratching discs

Kanna

Been noticing marks on my GTA V disc that wasn't there before after using it in my Xbox Series X. Could it be possible that the xbox is scratching the discs in some way, the console is in the standing position btw

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

it should be attached in the middle base by the optical disc drive and kind of free floating/spinning around.

There could be something in there or a bad attachment to the base of the disc to keep it in place. Do you hear some extra or louder sounds? as that might indicate some scratching? or its just by use, depending how long you had that disc. If it does scratch, then rotating the xbox might help or worsen the scratching, depending on where it happens to scratch the CD.

4 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

it should be attached in the middle base by the optical disc drive and kind of free floating/spinning around.

There could be something in there or a bad attachment to the base of the disc to keep it in place. Do you hear some extra or louder sounds? as that might indicate some scratching? or its just by use, depending how long you had that disc. If it does scratch, then rotating the xbox might help or worsen the scratching, depending on where it happens to scratch the CD.

I hear no extra noises, I will try a disc I haven't used in anything on the xbox tomorrow

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

24 minutes ago, Kanna said:

I hear no extra noises, I will try a disc I haven't used in anything on the xbox tomorrow

Is the console getting moved, bumped, or vibrated while on? 

7 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

Is the console getting moved, bumped, or vibrated while on? 

Nothing that I know of

Reminder⚠️

48 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Nothing that I know of

That was how other (older) systems were scratching discs.

• 2 years later...

For some reason when using discs my Xbox Series X makes some weird nosies, but it has yet to scratch anything. I have a feeling Microsoft cheaped out on the disc drive as they continue to push for all digital which is really sad. 

- Angela Hornung