Reapplied thermal paste computer wont boot

Nick Ger

Just reapplied the thermal paste of my Ryzen 3 2200G. Struggled with putting the cooler on. Realised only later the backplate literally fell off. Everything seems to work inside the computer but won't boot.

6 minutes ago, Nick Ger said:

Just reapplied the thermal paste of my Ryzen 3 2200G. Struggled with putting the cooler on. Realised only later the backplate literally fell off. Everything seems to work inside the computer but won't boot.

Try reseating the RAM since you were in the area sometimes bumping it can cause problems. I've had that occur before. Are you getting a BIOS screen or any error codes from the motherboard?

- Moved to Troubleshooting -

The screen froze during splash screen and the i didnt get any splash screen at all

I tried booting it again but it gave me a bluescreen: SYSTEM THREAD EXEPTION NOT HANDLED

2 hours ago, Nick Ger said:

I tried booting it again but it gave me a bluescreen: SYSTEM THREAD EXEPTION NOT HANDLED

Hmm try going down to the bare minimum required to boot, unplug all unnecessary devices and try just to get the system to post with the CPU, RAM, and GPU. Once you have that establish start with putting back your boot drive, peripherals etc. 

Only thing I can suspect is during the repaste that uneven pressure was applied to the CPU which might need to be reseated in it's socket and cooler put back again.