Price suggestion on my rig (i7 7700k, GTX 1070)

spree

Hello everyone!

With demand high on all used computers, I got an offer for my rig. It's quite a good offer, so I wanted the opinion from some strangers on the internet to see if I should take it it or not. 

Offer: $1100 for my computer. 

Chassi: Phanteks P400s

CPU: i7 7700k 4.2Ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 8GB

Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming z270 K3

RAM: 16GB 3000Mhz (DDR4)

Disks: 1x M.2 500GB | 2x Samsung Evo 970 SSD (500GB, 256GB).

Fsnst: 4 Noctua 140mm, one 120mm Phanteks back.

CPU Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62

PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Should I take the deal? If so, I won't have a gaming PC until 4000 series comes out. I barely game, maybe 1 or 2 a week for an hour or so. I have a work laptop that I can use. 

Also in the middle of moving apartments so I will be busy with that for a while.

28 minutes ago, spree said:

until 4000 series comes out

i want to remind you that thats what everyone said during the 3000 series.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

14 minutes ago, adarw said:

i want to remind you that thats what everyone said during the 3000 series.

Yeah I know. 

It's just that even if I wanted to upgrade my PC (let's say all the components were in stock) it's not just the GPU. I would need a new Mobo and a CPU. And a new PSU because 750 just ain't enough nowadays. 

So when 4000 series comes out (let's say fully unrolled in 2023) I would need an entire new PC anyway.

The 1070 is the money, the rest is just filler. 

If you can get $1100, I'd say that's good. 

$800 and up would be good. 

23 minutes ago, Heliian said:

The 1070 is the money, the rest is just filler. 

If you can get $1100, I'd say that's good. 

$800 and up would be good. 

I feel like my computer is worth $700-750.

$1100 no hassle seems like an amazing deal. That's the only reason I'm thinking about selling. Don't need the money but I don't think I'm gonna see that kind of money when 4000 series is fully out and 2000 series people start selling their computers.

Eh I hate to be 'that guy' but who ever offered you $1100 probably thinks they're getting a deal at that price and may be willing to pay more than that to get what they want. You're in the position of power here, use that to your advantage! Ask for $1250 or $1300 as a counter-offer and haggle back down to their original offer if they're not willing to pay more. Worst they can say is no and then you still get $1100 for the system, you win because it's more than it's worth to you and they win because they think they got a deal. Everyone wins!

Yeah 100% take $1100

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

9 hours ago, Yoinkerman said:

Yeah 100% take $1100

Kinda feel this way too

You could do a lot worse. Even now 1070s are going for in some places over $400, but I'd say that 1100 is pretty good from your point of view for the 1070 and all the other components. I doubt you could sell the other parts for like $700 without the gpu so $1100 is a good price to sell it for

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

the price great , the only thing I would worry about is your system

If this is your only PC and you need one for work, then buying a system currently is terrible, mostly GPU though

If it isn't then go for it. The 1070 is starting to really struggle with games, it wont be too long before it becomes the minimum spec so getting it off your hands for a good price is nice

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

6 hours ago, davemc said:

You could do a lot worse. Even now 1070s are going for in some places over $400, but I'd say that 1100 is pretty good from your point of view for the 1070 and all the other components. I doubt you could sell the other parts for like $700 without the gpu so $1100 is a good price to sell it for

Yeah it's a good deal

6 hours ago, Tamesh16 said:

the price great , the only thing I would worry about is your system

If this is your only PC and you need one for work, then buying a system currently is terrible, mostly GPU though

If it isn't then go for it. The 1070 is starting to really struggle with games, it wont be too long before it becomes the minimum spec so getting it off your hands for a good price is nice

Not my only PC. I have a work laptop as well! For entertainment and work of course. 

I feel like 1070 prices will drop heavily soon and this might be a perfect time to sell it.

If you're offered 1100 bucks, and can live without it?

(Realizing you may not get a new GPU EAsily)

you're making out like whoa on that price.