Razer Audio sounds better then Beyerdynamic why?

G_K

I wanted a really good video editing headphones and did my research and the best was beyerdynamic, i contacted the Beyerdynamic company via email and asked whats the best for video editing and they said the DT 770 Pros, when i got them i tried them out and for some reason the headphones don't sound as good as my razer kraken headphones i use, the razer headphones sound more accurate to be able to correctely pin point where the audio should go or sound effects sound to go in editing and these headphones don't do it as persice as razer, am i needing to get an extra product to make the headphones better like a mixer? or do i need to install something with them, am not sure as these are my first headphones from this well known company

headphones.jpg

These kinda headphones usually are used on console mixers, production level stuff. For using with a computer, a headphone amp or external soundcard interface might be able to help.

Could take a look at the Scarlet Solo or similar stuff from M-Audio. < - Audio Interfaces (also have recording inputs)

How do you use them? On motherboard audio or external dac/amp?

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

3 hours ago, CTR640 said:

How do you use them? On motherboard audio or external dac/amp?

plugged in with the aux into the aux port on the motherboard IO

16 hours ago, kbk said:

These kinda headphones usually are used on console mixers, production level stuff. For using with a computer, a headphone amp or external soundcard interface might be able to help.

Could take a look at the Scarlet Solo or similar stuff from M-Audio. < - Audio Interfaces (also have recording inputs)

So i need a mixer for the headphones, if i need to, i will buy one, or is there a software that i can buy to use with the brand to increase bass and other options

Whilst I don't know what the razer headphones sound like, unfortunately the DT770 Pro are in my opinion anyway not particularly great. For mixing/production especially they certainly won't be ideal as the frequency response alone isn't anything even close to neutral, and subjectively I didn't really enjoy them when I tried them.

DT770-Pro-250%CE%A9.jpg

Something like a Sennheiser HD600, Hifiman Sundara or HE400i etc might be a better choice both for production accuracy and subjective enjoyment

Hifiman Sundara – In-Ear Fidelity

Hifiman HE400i – In-Ear Fidelity
Sennheiser HD600 – In-Ear Fidelity

Video reviews: https://youtube.com/goldensound Written reviews and measurements: https://goldensound.audio
Current Main Setup: Roon -> HQPlayer -> Intel NUC -> Intona 7055-C Isolator -> Holo Audio May KTE DAC-> Holo Serene KTE preamp -> Benchmark AHB2 / Woo WA33
Most used headphones: Hifiman Susvara, Abyss 1266 Phi TC, Sennheiser HD800-S