Any way to mirror an iPad to PC without a subscription?

Hey guys,

My friend is trying to mirror the display on his iPad to his PC so he can stream it.

His PC doesn't have wifi, and I can't find any software that can use a wired connection instead of Airplay that isn't a subscription. 

Anyone know of anything?

Thanks!

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

they could use discord on the ipad to share their screen to the PC and then stream the shared screen window. it's not wired but it would be free

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

11 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

they could use discord on the ipad to share their screen to the PC and then stream the shared screen window. it's not wired but it would be free

He mostly wants to stream it for people on discord so I figured that wouldn't work. Would it let him be in the same channel on two devices, talking on one and sharing screen on the other? We'll try that 

5 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

He mostly wants to stream it for people on discord so I figured that wouldn't work. Would it let him be in the same channel on two devices, talking on one and sharing screen on the other? We'll try that 

no, it would be setting up an account for the ipad and a room to share with the PC, then in a second window on the PC be in the room they want to stream from, sharing their whole screen or the ipad screen, this also works with OBS if they want to use a face cam. you can be in multiple rooms at the same time on discord but it needs to be in a separate instance

https://eleckron.com/multiple-instances-of-discord/

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

6 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

no, it would be setting up an account for the ipad and a room to share with the PC, then in a second window on the PC be in the room they want to stream from, sharing their whole screen or the ipad screen, this also works with OBS if they want to use a face cam. you can be in multiple rooms at the same time on discord but it needs to be in a separate instance

https://eleckron.com/multiple-instances-of-discord/

Ooh I see, I guess a separate account would be the best way. That's at least a decent workaround for now, thank you!