Fan orientation and liquid temp on custom loop

Jupsik

Wanted some advice on fan orientation and fan settings on custom loop. 

System is a 5800x along with a asus strix 1080ti, cooled by a single loop 280mm and 240mm. 

Currently front is 2x 140mm intake, top is 2x 120mm exhaust and back is 120mm intake to provide the top rad with some fresh air. 

Questions are:

- should any of the fan orientations be altered for more optimal cooling?

- what should the liquid temp be at? Currently under load it goes to around 35c with fans quite noticeable.

pic.png

17 minutes ago, Jupsik said:

should any of the fan orientations be altered for more optimal cooling?

Nope, that's probably the way I would've oriented them. You can play around with the rear fan, but odds are the way you have it is probably the best.

18 minutes ago, Jupsik said:

- what should the liquid temp be at? Currently under load it goes to around 35c with fans quite noticeable.

You should really just be concerned about component temps. A liquid temp sensor isn't something that's in a lot of loops, so most people don't have a reference for what the temps should be, and that's mainly because the information it gives isn't super useful most of the time. I'm not saying it's useless, it can be useful for diagnosing certain issues, but it's not really something that you need to worry about. If component temps are fine, loop temps are irrelevant. 

As for component temps, you should be seeing somewhere around 75C on the CPU depending on the block and whether you enabled PBO, and the GPU should be in the 50s, low 60s at the hottest. If your components are somewhere around there, you're fine. If they're not, something with the mounts might not be right. 

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Nope, that's probably the way I would've oriented them. You can play around with the rear fan, but odds are the way you have it is probably the best.

You should really just be concerned about component temps. A liquid temp sensor isn't something that's in a lot of loops, so most people don't have a reference for what the temps should be, and that's mainly because the information it gives isn't super useful most of the time. I'm not saying it's useless, it can be useful for diagnosing certain issues, but it's not really something that you need to worry about. If component temps are fine, loop temps are irrelevant. 

As for component temps, you should be seeing somewhere around 75C on the CPU depending on the block and whether you enabled PBO, and the GPU should be in the 50s, low 60s at the hottest. If your components are somewhere around there, you're fine. If they're not, something with the mounts might not be right. 

Thanks! seems i can ramp my fans way down 😄, cpu has been around the 60c mark (rare spikes up to 75) (with -25 curve optimizer thingi), with gpu around 44, not seen it go higher.