PIG is giving away its Mechwarrior Pod

Overheal

*PGI

Fits in with the news they're being shifted to working as a support studio for other games and more MechWarrior development is probably dead.

Oh well, I choose to be optimistic and see this as the first step to a competent developer getting to work on the IP someday. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

6 minutes ago, Middcore said:

*PGI

Fits in with the news they're being shifted to working as a support studio for other games and more MechWarrior development is probably dead.

Oh well, I choose to be optimistic and see this as the first step to a competent developer getting to work on the IP someday. 

Hopefully that support work can pay enough bills to support development of MW5 and MWO. I would love to see clans at some point in MW5 or even an MW6

as for op. I would be half tempted to drive down to vancouver to get that as it looks sick. But I would have to give up one of my garage stalls for it 😞

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

7 minutes ago, Middcore said:

*PGI

I mean, yeah, the game underwhelmed, but as a $20 game it's pretty solid. Battletech by HBG is pretty awesome as well. 

Playerbase just isn't large enough for a Mercenaries release the IP deserves though.

23 minutes ago, Middcore said:

One can only hope. PGI dont seem to understand the MW//battletech franchise , they turned MWO into a twitch based shooter with fast TTK, no real tactics, and a mass 12v12 battlefield.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

5 minutes ago, trag1c said:

Hopefully that support work can pay enough bills to support development of MW5 and MWO. I would love to see clans at some point in MW5 or even an MW6

as for op. I would be half tempted to drive down to vancouver to get that as it looks sick. But I would have to give up one of my garage stalls for it 😞

Garage would be a great place for it, plenty of cold space to sink heat to! 

2 minutes ago, trag1c said:

Hopefully that support work can pay enough bills to support development of MW5 and MWO.

That's not their call to make. They're owned by EG7. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, SolarNova said:

One can only hope. PGI dont seem to understand the MWO franchise , they turned MWO into a twitch based shooter with fast TTK, no real tactics, and a mass 12v12 battlefield.

that I still play ;_; 

Just now, Overheal said:

that I still play ;_; 

I played it for hundreds of hours out of pure love for the IP before I realized if I was honest with myself I thought it was a shitty game I could never recommend to anybody who wasn't already super invested in the franchise.

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Well, they promised backers steam keys, who didn't get steam keys. Really, they did this one to themselves. I have no idea what deal Epic makes for exclusivity but it doesn't seem like it's worth it. 

1 minute ago, Overheal said:

Well, they promised backers steam keys, who didn't get steam keys. Really, they did this one to themselves. I have no idea what deal Epic makes for exclusivity but it doesn't seem like it's worth it. 

It has nothing to do with Steam keys and everything to do with MW5 being a decidedly meh game that was aimed at a niche audience to begin with. 

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I must not have payed any attention to the PGI as I never heard they were bought out. I thought they were doing the support work as contract work. Well rip to my dreams of further MW content 😞 

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

5 minutes ago, Middcore said:

It has nothing to do with Steam keys and everything to do with MW5 being a decidedly meh game that was aimed at a niche audience to begin with. 

Maybe Linus should do a TechLonger video on it, then, and give the notion a bigger audience. What do you propose is an ideal mercs game? 

7 minutes ago, Overheal said:

Maybe Linus should do a TechLonger video on it, then, and give the notion a bigger audience. 

Give what notion a bigger audience? Linus isn't in the business of doing deep dives on particular game titles, let alone technically unremarkable ones that have already been out for years with dwindling player populations.

24 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Give what notion a bigger audience? Linus isn't in the business of doing deep dives on particular game titles, let alone technically unremarkable ones that have already been out for years with dwindling player populations.

Except that's what he's done before, and why not one where he gets a free mech pod from vancouver? 

4 minutes ago, Overheal said:

Except that's what he's done before

Star Citizen is, for better or for worse, one of the most talked about games of the century. It's fundraising and "development" has been an industry news story and guaranteed click-fodder for a decade. 

MW5 doesn't even come close to comparing. 

36 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Star Citizen is, for better or for worse, one of the most talked about games of the century. It's fundraising and "development" has been an industry news story and guaranteed click-fodder for a decade. 

MW5 doesn't even come close to comparing. 

I'll just put you down as not interested in the pod video then. Sheesh. 

Ahhh yes, MechWarrior, what a classic series. Even though i drown endless nights with it, Titanfall 2 replaced that ich for me.
As for these pods, they look dope.