Headset not responding to volumesliders

Deadlord06

I have owned a pair of Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Editions and just recently they stopped responding to both Windows volume slider and the Soundblaster software volumeslider.

Anybody can help w/ this? They are about a year old and they were fairly pricey so I hope they aren't broken.

Just to clarify: They are connected via USB to my MSI Z690 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4. 
Stuff I tried already:
-Swap usb connector

-Reinstalling the software and drivers

The reason for not using the normal cable is because I just have a nice preset in the included software and I don't wanna lose it.

All help appreciated, Thanks!

Same here. I got a pair of corsair void pro headset. And now the volume dont change the volume on actual system

Check if you have any other audio devices as an option.... I regularly get this when i'm switching between various outputs: speakers, wired headphones, Bluetooth headphones and DECT.... every now and again I notice that the master volume is changing, but the device listed is the one of the previous output devices, not the one I'm currently using.  

Solution is to switch to the other device and switch back (sometimes works)... or just to temporarily disable the other device.

My workstation/gamer: Ryzen9 5900X@5Ghz, AC Freezer2 280mm AIO, ASUS TUF X570PRO, RTX3080Ti FE, 32Gb TridentZ DDR4-3600C14, M.2 1Tb WDSN850, M.2 1Tb WDSN550, 2x 8Tb WD80EFAX, Corsair HX850, LianLi O11 Air Mini + 3x NF-A14's, Gigabyte M27Q (27"/1440P/170Hz), Asus PA248 (24"/1200P/60Hz), Dell WFP2408 (24"/1200P/60Hz), G815 kbd, G502 mouse, Sony WH-H910N, ModMic Wireless.