Has anyone ever made a RAM Drive and used it with Unraid as a VM to run windows from? What's the performance?

I have once tried out a RamDisk program and installed a VM onto it. It was quite usable and file transfer speeds were very fast since it is obviously stored on RAM. The only downside to a Disk on RAM is that you have to ensure that the host machine keeps operating or else all data will be lost and won't be recoverable

On 1/3/2022 at 11:48 PM, DreamCat04 said:

I have once tried out a RamDisk program and installed a VM onto it. It was quite usable and file transfer speeds were very fast since it is obviously stored on RAM. The only downside to a Disk on RAM is that you have to ensure that the host machine keeps operating or else all data will be lost and won't be recoverable

I'm specifically interested in Unraid, and VM-passthrough, so that all other hardware is native and only the storage is really part of the ramdrive because I want to see if it can create any kinds of performance gains when all OS files and software are all, together, part of the RAM initially.