Google's updates terms of service, they analyse your personal data

KakaoDj

Hexus article

So Google just recently updated their ToS, and it says that your personal data will be analysed in order to bring you tailored ads and other stuff.

This is beyond creepy IMO, and i don't use their email service, and never will. Big Brother pls. Microsoft is probably gonna launch a new "Scroogled" campaign.  :lol:

Google updated its terms of service on Monday to inform users that it analyses their personal data, including emails, in order to provide them with tailored ads and customised search results among other features. A new paragraph in the revision explains more explicitly the manner in which the company's software scans users' emails when they are sent, received and stored on Google's servers.

"Our automated systems analyze your content (including emails) to provide you personally relevant product features, such as customized search results, tailored advertising, and spam and malware detection. This analysis occurs as the content is sent, received, and when it is stored."

3ab866e4-d391-48d9-834e-85fd02f93cda.jpg

This is probably in response to Facebook's ongoing class action suit over the scanning of PM contents for "likeable" content.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

It feels bad that your emails are being read but does it really matter that much? I mean its not like someone is sitting there looking through your boring emails.

They are providing this service for free they have to make some revenue somehow.

Has this been done for a while?

Google Now in the US would pull out Flight Numbers, package tracking and probably some other stuff, and show you cards for them in google now.

So you see package updates, or when your flight was leaving/someone's was arriving.

Then again, it wasn't in the UK, so I maybe be wrong.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

they always used to do that

the only difference is now that they TELL you that they are doing it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

If only I cared about these privacy things I would say something, but I don't care. If they want to look at what I do, sure.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

They've been doing this for a while, I don't mind some of it but it's a bit creepy sometimes.

i'm a potato

They analyze mine alot, having searched some vulgar and creepy sexually oriented words. 3 years ago i got a call from google office and had a short conversation with their employee. and they asked me how are you? I said Fine soon aftwarwards call went off.

Are you sure that was google? It's kinda absurd they'd they'd just call you and ask you how you were and then hang up after you said you were fine. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Who cares really, It not like I'm doing serious sh*t on my email