Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

really? I liked them. I have a Z97 UD3H black and that thing is goddamn beautiful, and the orange LED strip is a nice addition.

additionally the 3 GPUs and 2 MBs I've had from Giga were fucking champs, and the 3 MSI GPU's I've used were great with their 970 chipset motherboard having some pretty impressive and good implementations of BIOS/Software for such a low end chipset.

I loathe using most modern UEFI, but I really like that my board has a legacy "old school" text interface option.

on an unrelated note I had to turn around on my way to school, does anyone know what would cause this? I know it wasn't a bird and I was driving behind anything

I looked down to change songs on my phone, look up to see this

there goes 300$

sBo33L1.jpg

3WV3wUR.jpg

MSI have good BIOSs.

Also, holy shit. What the hell happened? Maybe a small object fell from a great distance like a stone or something

Steve

MSI have good BIOSs.

Also, holy shit. What the hell happened? Maybe a small object fell from a great distance like a stone or something

I have no idea

I was hype from transferring a bunch of new stuff to my phone, when I glanced down to change songs, heard a loud noise, looked up and I was like "the fuck is that"

I didn't want to take it to school because I put A LOT of money into car audio and that windshield looks like it would give if you flick it.

Error: 410

on an unrelated note I had to turn around on my way to school, does anyone know what would cause this? I know it wasn't a bird and I was driving behind anything

there goes 300$

sBo33L1.jpg

3WV3wUR.jpg

no idea but my brother cracked his windshield trying to wash his car one day just spraying it with the hose and the windshield cracked

really? I them. I have a Z97 UD3H black and that thing is goddamn beautiful, and the orange LED strip is a nice addition.

They seem to have a pretty neat perk in EU too. Apparently you can pay the difference and get to buy a different board too, similar to the EVGA step-up but for 3 years.

additionally the 3 GPUs and 2 MBs I've had from Giga were fucking champs, and the 3 MSI GPU's I've used were great with their 970 chipset motherboard having some pretty impressive and good implementations of BIOS/Software for such a low end chipset.

I loathe using most modern UEFI, but I really like that my board has a legacy "old school" text interface option.

there goes 300$

sBo33L1.jpg

3WV3wUR.jpg

I have never seen a windshield crack like that. I am going to guess something softer but with some mass to it. What that would be I dont know.

Blarg

I have no idea

I was hype from transferring a bunch of new stuff to my phone, when I glanced down to change songs, heard a loud noise, looked up and I was like "the fuck is that"

I didn't want to take it to school because I put A LOT of money into car audio and that windshield looks like it would give if you flick it.

Damn

Steve

really? I liked them. I have a Z97 UD3H black and that thing is goddamn beautiful, and the orange LED strip is a nice addition.

They seem to have a pretty neat perk in EU too. Apparently you can pay the difference and get to buy a different board too, similar to the EVGA step-up but for 3 years.

there goes 300$

Well, it is ofcourse difficult to comment universally since there are so many different boards from the different brands...But overall, I think Gigabytes Z97 was boring compared to competitors...

im ONLY talking looks here ofcourse!

And you board actually looks pretty nice, but it was more a general statement on the entire line.

gigabyte-z97x-gaming-GT-645x602.jpg

This vs. this

f8c3ba74-f444-45a2-b261-7fda4245babf.jpg

It pops far less..

They just clearly didn't spend enough money to make it look correctly. Seems a bit mix and match. Not quite black PCB, a really weird logo in my opinion, and I dislike the red they used(Even more in real life)

I have seen had a z97 maximus hero, a z97 MSI gaming 5 and that z97 Gibabyte board in the flesh..

And Gigabyte seems very boring in looks in comparison.

100% agreed on Gigabyte being fucking champs in all other regards. Probably the brand I would trust the most. Although MSI has been impressing me lately.

Did i mention that is LOVE MSI's bios and apps? That has not always been the case by a long shot but they have really improved.

It has reached the point where I always hate having to work in my cousins z97 Maximus Hero system....

MSI have good BIOSs.

Agreed!

A stone. I have seen that happen before without people noticing. Small stones do a lot of damage a high speeds.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

A stone. I have seen that happen before without people noticing. Small stones do a lot of damage a high speeds.

I dont think it was stone. Stones tend to have a central point that spider out. His is a ring with the center looking fine.

Blarg

I dont think it was stone. Stones tend to have a central point that spider out. His is a ring with the center looking fine.

Looking again, you are right.

And thats ring looks pretty big actually.

Seems like a pretty big object. But its difficult to see in a picture

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

How did this chat go from motherboards to stones.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Well, it is ofcourse difficult to comment universally since there are so many different boards from the different brands...But overall, I think Gigabytes Z97 was boring compared to competitors...

100% agreed on Gigabyte being fucking champs in all other regards. Probably the brand I would trust the most. Although MSI has been impressing me lately.

Did i mention that is LOVE MSI's bios and apps? That has not always been the case by a long shot but they have really improved.

It has reached the point where I always hate having to work in my cousins z97 Maximus Hero system....

Never owned a Gigabyte motherboard but i've nothing but good things.

MSI do have a very BIOS and Afterburner is awesome.

Asus has a clunky BIOS in my opinion. If we're comparing aesthetics then MSI by far have some of the nicest.

2382842-l-b.jpg

2448554-l-b.jpg

2382753-l-a.jpg

All the same price. Which are you going to choose?

Steve

Asus has a clunky BIOS in my opinion. If we're comparing aesthetics then MSI by far have some of the nicest.

2382842-l-b.jpg

2448554-l-b.jpg

2382753-l-a.jpg

Lol i got my board for cheaper then all of them thanks to ariapc and its crazy sales. Seriously though, compare the stats. Im not brand loyal however between MSI, Asrock and Gigabyte, ill just compare features, of course Asus are dead to me but still a deal is a deal, check stats and the most recent reliability stats then make a decision.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Lol i got my board for cheaper then all of them thanks to ariapc and its crazy sales. Seriously though, compare the stats. Im not brand loyal however between MSI, Asrock and Gigabyte, ill just compare features, of course Asus are dead to me but still a deal is a deal, check stats and the most recent reliability stats then make a decision.

Haven't heard many good things about Aria. Are they any good?

Steve

2382842-l-b.jpg

2448554-l-b.jpg

2382753-l-a.jpg

I'd pick the krait but heard msi is supposed to burn down when it isn't from the gaming line. Can't confirm it. My G55 has zero problems so far. Besides the bios fancontroller only can controll fans that are pwm on all sysfan ports. Asus can do that but ohwell the board was 80 euros. 

Ok guys I need your help, my modmic keeps falling off my headphone... the 3M double-sided sticky pad isn't very effective on a circular surface and the open back trait of the AKG K7xx doesn't help at all... Anyone have a solution? Something that doesn't leave residue and has a strong grip so the magnet doesn't come off?

funny how they are using the mod mic on the AKG K7xx as their main image on the current massdrop

o.0

what? lol

Finally Gigabyte have beaten Asus, they certainly deserve it.

Nope.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

So something else then? Prolimatech B81. God lord for 35 euros thats one insane cooler.

And to think mine gets to 40c at 3.2ghz idle...

Steve

I'd pick the krait but heard msi is supposed to burn down when it isn't from the gaming line. Can't confirm it. My G55 has zero problems so far. Besides the bios fancontroller only can controll fans that are pwm on all sysfan ports. Asus can do that but ohwell the board was 80 euros.

Really? I've got an MSI B75IA running for like a year+ now with no problems.

Steve

So something else then? Prolimatech B81. God lord for 35 euros thats one insane cooler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUiX5iwKtY0

I know that the prices for these change a lot in different countries, but I just have to recommend phanteks tc14pe to everybody who looks a air coolers:P

Its almost twice the price of that Prolimatech b81...I gave 62 euros, but its just the most beautiful aircooler i have ever seen.

But that prolimatech looks lovely...except the fan.

Although there are two high grade 140mm fans included in that price....Is it 35 with the fan?

116a.jpg

I have build a very similar system to my own for my cousin, except that he has asus parts...And in direct comparison, I have to say that I really prefer MSI bios and apps too.

Which surprised me a bit, since this was always one of Asus strengths.

Have had not problem with MSI boards in quite a few years now. There were a time where I avoided the brand, but thats quite a long time ago.

Nope.

Dammit...guys, we have to stop now. He out debated out.

At least try to read..

Its almost twice the price of that Prolimatech b81...I gave 62 euros, but its just the most beautiful aircooler i have ever seen.

But that prolimatech looks lovely...except the fan.

It's 35 with the fan. I can say it's a smaller megahalems besides missing 2 heatpipes. Even with 1,3 volt applied and the multi to 46 I barely got over 70 c° lol. Ticked it to 45 down to keep it cool in summer, it's still a bit freezy here. Ok the fan is ugly but it isnt audible even on fullspeed. And the S340 is on of the worst cases I've had with noise isolation, there is none. 

At least try to read..

It's 35 with the fan. I can say it's a smaller megahalems besides missing 2 heatpipes. Even with 1,3 volt applied and the multi to 46 I barely got over 70 c° lol. Ticked it to 45 down to keep it cool in summer, it's still a bit freezy here. Ok the fan is ugly but it isnt audible even on fullspeed. And the S340 is on of the worst cases I've had with noise isolation, there is none. 

Seems like a great buy! very nice budget option.

One thing i don't like are the "bullets"...don't even know what they are called. On top of the megahalems..A lot of manufactorers have some of those on top...THere might be a cooling function, but I think it looks stupid.

And I think they could find a more fitting fan, but 35 euroes is pretty damned impressive.

I love big heatsinks! AIOs makes sense in a lot of cases(smaller builds), but I never really got why so many people were using them. Except to be able to claim "Im watercooling".

The amount of people with full towers with AIOs in them is mind boggling.