Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Hello my fellow shit-taster! Wait, no... That's not right..

But seriously, just pick up Steins;Gate again. The first half or so is a drag, took me a month to finish it.

Well, i finished the anime in two to three days :P

Hello my fellow shit-taster! Wait, no... That's not right..

But seriously, just pick up Steins;Gate again. The first half or so is a drag, took me a month to finish it.

I was following steins gate when it first came out. I wasn't really aware at the time that I'm in for one heck of a show.

Waiting every week for episodes and chapters is the most awful thing.

not to mention if it takes a month!! Damn you AGK and Horimiya.

meanwhile We have a Shokugekin no Souma(food wars) update

Nakiri Erina fanservice to the maaaaxxx.

Shokugeki no Souma Ch. 138

005.jpg

006.jpg

giphy.gif

was expecting more since the author used to be into doujins. 

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

That sure the hell doesn't encourage me to watch it.

It just had nothing in it to keep me interested and it seemed like it was just dragging in general. I understand it was a decent anime overall but if you can't make it slightly entertaining you are not going to get as many people to watch it.

but its true. You basically said the first have is torture that you put yourself through just to get to the end.

THE FIRST HALF IS ACTION PACKED NON-STOP ACTION WITH ACTION SCENES

Yeah, I'm just giving it to you straight. Overtime the show picks up speed, but whatever I guess. 

And I was joking to Oasis, we just pick on each other.

That sure the hell doesn't encourage me to watch it.

It just had nothing in it to keep me interested and it seemed like it was just dragging in general. I understand it was a decent anime overall but if you can't make it slightly entertaining you are not going to get as many people to watch it.

but its true. You basically said the first have is torture that you put yourself through just to get to the end.

The difference here being watching by hook or watched to get hooked, you sounding like the latter and were probably never particularly interested in the first place.

like most media. it's mid to end loaded, it has to build towards action since it simply can't start there without using that lame as fuck method of starting something in the middle or near the end.

just like any arbitrary book if you have no interest in it before starting, the odds of you making it to the actual story beyond the preface are likely diminished.

Error: 410

Finished the Wangan Midnight Anime last night. Was a fun ride with an excellent soundtrack. The franchise gets compared to initial D all the time and i would argue that its more of a car show than initial D. The focus is not on the drivers and their accomplishments but the cars that they drive and the constant pursuit to be the fastest racer on the Wangan. This goal results in a lot of tuning talk and the 2 main cars one upping each other in the various arcs of the series. Also has a mad soundtrack to top everything off. 

post-20323-0-34364500-1444371336.jpg

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

I forgot.

When the hell? And why?!

channel super fun , all i have to say xD

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

I was following steins gate when it first came out. I wasn't really aware at the time that I'm in for one heck of a show.

Waiting every week for episodes and chapters is the most awful thing.

not to mention if it takes a month!! Damn you AGK and Horimiya.

meanwhile We have a Shokugekin no Souma(food wars) update

Nakiri Erina fanservice to the maaaaxxx.

Shokugeki no Souma Ch. 138

005.jpg

006.jpg

giphy.gif

was expecting more since the author used to be into doujins.

Yup,
and now it will be time for Souma to the rescue and i guess he will go on a shokugeki with azami nakiri (just a speculation)

I also think, in some point erina will fall in love with souma after realizing he's jouchiro's son since she admires him (jouchiro) and practically is her role model. (Another very probable speculation)

So I finished symphogear season 1 and 2, not bad but not better than Nanoha.

Forgot what I was going to write.. But anyway plot is decent

Going to start season 3 and Se how that goes, but I did notice every season starts the same. Hmm.

Season 3 opens much stronger than season 1 and 2 but is weaker towards the end. Overall, it was pretty good but could have benefited from being 2 or 3 episodes longer due to character bloat and being a bit rushed. Soundtrack is better than S1 and S2 overall with radiant force being the best song on the soundtrack. Shame we have to wait ages for the ignite arrangement of that song.

http://puu.sh/kDK20/e42fa365b0.mp3

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

The difference here being watching by hook or watched to get hooked, you sounding like the latter and were probably never particularly interested in the first place.

like most media. it's mid to end loaded, it has to build towards action since it simply can't start there without using that lame as fuck method of starting something in the middle or near the end.

just like any arbitrary book if you have no interest in it before starting, the odds of you making it to the actual story beyond the preface are likely diminished.

Probably true. I felt it was over hyped and couldn't live up to the hype from the start but every thing I heard about was good. Not sure if it is the case or not but I got the idea that is was kind of a dystopia story which is something I'm interested in.

Season 3 opens much stronger than season 1 and 2 but is weaker towards the end. Overall, it was pretty good but could have benefited from being 2 or 3 episodes longer due to character bloat and being a bit rushed. Soundtrack is better than S1 and S2 overall with radiant force being the best song on the soundtrack. Shame we have to wait ages for the ignite arrangement of that song.

I just can't help but be distracted by singing in the middle of a battle in order to fight

seems like some warped derivation of a Bollywood movie to me

that and the fact that I don't like jpop and skip through 90% of song & dance or montage style clips.

the first few episodes didn't help either, the characters didn't seem very likable and the plot/story looked pretty dry.

@Charger dystopia isn't really the right word for it. you could maybe call it that if you looked at it from the perspective of MC only.

there is a bit of third party fuckery that happens, but not a concrete dystopia.

why not watch Shimoneta. It's a dystopian anime with social commentary, amirite?

why is this forum's dictionary so shit useless, I swear I knew more words in 8th grade than the dictionary plugged into IPB does

Yeah im few ep in, at lest the villeins knows what they want unlike in S2 (aside form "him", who clearly know what he wants.)

S2 was weird tbh, it also looks like they improved that visuals in S2 and 3, which is nice. it was something i notice right away.

The transformation is S3 is mmm idunno,but i kinda like S1´s the best so far.

I just can't help but be distracted by singing in the middle of a battle in order to fight

seems like some warped derivation of a Bollywood movie to me

that and the fact that I don't like jpop and skip through 90% of song & dance or montage style clips.

the first few episodes didn't help either, the characters didn't seem very likable and the plot/story looked pretty dry.

It is, its lacking plot wise compared to Nanoha, but the fights are nice and the transformations are not bad.

The singing during the events (mostly Ep 1 each season) are nice but i agree that the mid combat songs are ...weird.

Yup, and now it will be time for Souma to the rescue and i guess he will go on a shokugeki with azami nakiri (just a speculation)

I also think, in some point erina will fall in love with souma after realizing he's jouchiro's son since she admires him (jouchiro) and practically is her role model. (Another very probable speculation)

dude that needs to be in a spoiler the anime is still not there yet. most of them don't have a clue about these stuff yet.

He might challenge azami but I'm 100% sure he'll lose. The better and more practical way is for souma to get into the Elite 10 and do another coup d'etat to install the grandfather back.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

dude that needs to be in a spoiler the anime is still not there yet. most of them don't have a clue about these stuff yet.

He might challenge azami but I'm 100% sure he'll lose. The better and more practical way is for souma to get into the Elite 10 and do another coup d'etat to install the grandfather back.

Haha, sorry about that, i guess i just jumped off a cliff :P

Gonna edit that post then

I agree with the practical way :P

But on which seat will he be if he gets to be part of the elite 10??

I really want a second season of the anime

@Charger dystopia isn't really the right word for it. you could maybe call it that if you looked at it from the perspective of MC only.

there is a bit of third party fuckery that happens, but not a concrete dystopia.

why not watch Shimoneta. It's a dystopian anime with social commentary, amirite?

why is this forum's dictionary so shit useless, I swear I knew more words in 8th grade than the dictionary plugged into IPB does

I was thinking about watching that but it just seems a little meh but I guess I could give it a shot.

I take it the forum didn't like dystopian lol

-snip-

-snip-

The singing is what makes symphogear symphogear, without it the show would just be a nanoha reskin. If you dont like the music then its probably not a show for you anyway no matter how good the rest of it is. Symphogear was never really a really story heavy show  and without switching to 2 cour i dont think it would be easy for them to do it well. Now as far as outfits are concerned, EP06 is where the ignite outfits show up so you get a bit extra this time around, then of course x drive in the final episode as it should be.

At any rate this show prints money and i bet GSC are kicking themselves for dropping their sponsorship. We will have to see what S4 gives us. GX was supposed to be the end of an arc so maybe we will get something along the lines of symphogear striker s.

Also for what its worth, im probably the biggest symphogear fag on this forums so im a little biased towards the series.

-snip-

Are you referring to "Shimoneta: a world where dirty jokes don't exist" ??? Just curious, if yes, i already watched it :P

Yeah im few ep in, at lest the villeins knows what they want unlike in S2 (aside form "him", who clearly know what he wants.)

S2 was weird tbh, it also looks like they improved that visuals in S2 and 3, which is nice. it was something i notice right away.

The transformation is S3 is mmm idunno,but i kinda like S1´s the best so far.

It is, its lacking plot wise compared to Nanoha, but the fights are nice and the transformations are not bad.

The singing during the events (mostly Ep 1 each season) are nice but i agree that the mid combat songs are ...weird.

I really only see value in transformation scenes once, maybe twice if it's particularly busy. Everytime after that it needs to be unique, otherwise it's just robbing itself of air time and might as well jumpskip to save my time and fit more actual content.

Weapons/armor seemed to take a really cheesy and pretty tired approach, and the mysterious super secret powers of their of them felt sloppily tacked on the way they teased it in early episodes.

martyrdom mode came off as forced drama too.

beating up bad guys with notes and chants aside, it gave an absolutely awful impression with some considerably uninspiring design.

@mosin40 @Charger ..well the "amirite" was intended as a flag for that line to be read as facetious

you can try it I guess, it's "dystopian" (dem red squiddles rn omg) as more of a consequence of the idea of the whole thing, meaning it just kinda happens to be dystopian since it works out better that way and enables them to do toilet ecchi screenplay with practically zero effort. Not that most other anime try that hard, humor me.

putting shimoneta next to dystopia seriously devalues that word.

from what I saw it was terribly unfunny, but YMMV

I really only see value in transformation scenes once, maybe twice if it's particularly busy. Everytime after that it needs to be unique, otherwise it's just robbing itself of air time and might as well jumpskip to save my time and fit more actual content.

Weapons/armor seemed to take a really cheesy and pretty tired approach, and the mysterious super secret powers of their of them felt sloppily tacked on the way they teased it in early episodes.

beating up bad guys with notes and chants aside, it gave an absolutely awful impression with some considerably uninspiring design.

I don't blame you, it can get tiring if it shows up too many times i agree. "cough" Sailor moon "Cough" "Cough" ehum.. 

They are not really beating anyone with notes, and the chant attacks are more like casting a spell lol, expect they sang it.

Unless your talking about the attacks that suddenly get a flashy freeze frame (chris has like 200 of those per episode lol)...yeah those are alittle too much..... and i notice the MC dont have one lol or at lest 1 but still... lol

as for design i find the MC to be overall the best, Normal mode looks simple, and Gear Mode looks Mecha-like cool and actually "powerfull". the one i like the least is Chris´s overall, especially her Gear mode.

I don't like any of the EX mode´s , too frilly and fancy. No comment on the IGNITE modes yet.

Its really not a bad show, i´ve seen worse that makes less sense than Bleach´s name.

But it aint got shit on Nanoha <3<3<3<3

@mosin40 @Charger ..well the "amirite" was intended as a flag for that line to be read as facetious

you can try it I guess, it's "dystopian" (dem red squiddles rn omg) as more of a consequence of the idea of the whole thing, meaning it just kinda happens to be dystopian since it works out better that way and enables them to do toilet ecchi screenplay with practically zero effort. Not that most other anime try that hard, humor me.

Well, i kinda liked it, i found it very funny, but as you said ymmv.

I guess that subs can play an important role, maybe that's why i found it sort of enjoyable. Just saying this because sometimes i watch english subbed anime and sometimes i watch spanish subbed anime. So it's 50/50

by the sounds of it it's not really your kind of show anyway. Not everyone can like magical Girl stuff. You are right about the transformation sequences, they exist to take up time and save animation budget.

I don't blame you, it can get tiring if it shows up too many times i agree. "cough" Sailor moon "Cough" "Cough" ehum..

They are not really beating anyone with notes, and the chant attacks are more like casting a spell lol, expect they sang it.

Unless your talking about the attacks that suddenly get a flashy freeze frame (chris has like 200 of those per episode lol)...yeah those are alittle too much..... and i notice the MC dont have one lol or at lest 1 but still... lol

as for design i find the MC to be overall the best, Normal mode looks simple, and Gear Mode looks Mecha-like cool and actually "powerfull". the one i like the least is Chris´s overall, especially her Gear mode.

I don't like any of the EX mode´s , too frilly and fancy. No comment on the IGNITE modes yet.

Its really not a bad show, i´ve seen worse that makes less sense than Bleach´s name.

But it aint got shit on Nanoha <3<3<3<3

It's not just nanoha that symphogear shares a lot with by the way. There are heaps of kamen rider/sentai moments in the show which can make it fun if you ever watch that kind of stuff.

Also hibiki never gets an attack card outside of combo attacks with other characters because she does not have an armed gear, instead she has the power of holding hands.

It's not just nanoha that symphogear shares a lot with by the way. There are heaps of kamen rider/sentai moments in the show which can make it fun if you ever watch that kind of stuff.

Also hibiki never gets an attack card outside of combo attacks with other characters because she does not have an armed gear, instead she has the power of holding hands.

oh so attack cards is what they are called? and no i never seen Kamen rider, i guess power rangers is the closet thing i´ve ever seen.

the "holding hands" thing is just something they say but really she is absorbing energy and just unleashes it, she is like a Goku doing Spirit bomb but is 500% faster at it :P

oh so attack cards is what they are called? and no i never seen Kamen rider, i guess power rangers is the closet thing i´ve ever seen.

the "holding hands" thing is just something they say but really she is absorbing energy and just unleashes it, she is like a Goku doing Spirit bomb but is 500% faster at it [emoji14]

If you remember the scene in s2 where hibiki punches the noise with her bare hand and then it freezers and she transforms, that's a sentai thing.

It's probably better described as the power of befriending and bringing people together. It's stated in s1 that hibikis hobby is helping people and as cheesy as it is according to kaneko hobby are very important in the symphogear universe. Just look at genjuro.

Well, just finished rewatching Zankyou no terror and 1 thing never changes....

And thats how Fucked up the ending is, But i guess net everything has a happy end

I still Love this show though

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Hey is google and youtube down for you guys or just me

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables