Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

2 anime which are so touchy :unsure:

Well, I act tough, but it's not like I've never cried to anime before. I just need better setup to be emotionally attached to something, that's all. Heck, I teared up in Birdy the Mighty's second season and Natsume Yuujinchou, so I'm hardly made of stone.

Shokugeki no Soma. Never thought I'd enjoy an anime about cooking so much.

I read the shit outta that manga.... Good stuff I can confirm.

@BashZeStampeedo Yo Natsume Yuujinchou was seriously something else... Good show...

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

First time I've seen a live reaction with tears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTZ03cUKBRM

This anime, man.

Cheap tears. I'm still hung up on the idea of owning androids. Hopefully they get around to addressing it.

have you seen Freya?

Yes, although..

878f5c5c642a8fda799e999a2d57d7fa14267073

Cheap tears. I'm still hung up on the idea of owning androids. Hopefully they get around to it.

Yes, although..

878f5c5c642a8fda799e999a2d57d7fa14267073

i think she looked better in the Novel and manga, i was going to post a image from the novel but i don't know if it is SFW

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Well, I act tough, but it's not like I've never cried to anime before. I just need better setup to be emotionally attached to something, that's all. Heck, I teared up in Birdy the Mighty's second season and Natsume Yuujinchou, so I'm hardly made of stone.

have you played an indie game called "To The Moon"?

it's like a Visual novel made on RPG maker or something like that, the music and history is really touching, you can complete it in about 5 hrs

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

You are just much more hardcore than the rest of us.....I cry to everything.

Not so much sad shit, but show me something emotional or a really well done happy ending, and im gone.

I was all gone during Golden Time.

First time I've seen a live reaction with tears

This anime, man.

Im so afraid to watch now!

Hey, someone has to provide a little negativity or this thread will be a maelstrom of empty "it's enjoyable" and "it's awesome" sentiment :)

Hehe, I enjoy some negativity too!

I'm harsh on practically everything, but I only go overboard to troll when people take it too seriously. I mean if I *truly* hated anime I wouldn't watch so much of it :)

As for finding the time, I just get lucky and squeeze in the time on days when I'm not working extra hours to make cash or helping scanlate manga and such.

I actually appreciate that, but I do think the JC staff Tsundere shows gets a very tough treatment sometimes. There has been a lot of complaining and people trashing the shows as being the same while people never apply the same standard to any other shows.

They roughly the same "Type" of show but so is a lot of others.

Golden Time and Toradora are also the same kind of show, but people don't apply the same standard to that JC Staff show, because theres no tsundere and no Rie......But its the same type of show. 

It usually comes down to people not liking that type of show very much. I think its especially tough with Shana since she is very far removed from the other characters in how she behaves, how Rie voices her etc etc.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

You are just much more hardcore than the rest of us.....I cry to everything.

Not so much sad shit, but show me something emotional or a really well done happy ending, and im gone.

I was all gone during Golden Time.

Go watch all of Natsume Yuujinchou! That is a direct order!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

SIR; YES, SIR!

Happy_AYE_SR.jpg

Is it very sad?

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

SIR; YES, SIR!

Is it very sad?

that little piece of vermin annoys me so much i stopped watching fairy tail

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

don't forget to watch it in to correct order unlike others have tried lol

Was messing with my computer, went to turn it on kept getting errors about the efi loader or something along the same line. I started panicking hoping I didn't need to re-install, Well a lot of heavy breathing later and it was saved.

VF94W2U.gif

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

My new schedule started today so won't be on here as much. 4 days a week now.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Is it very sad?

It can be, but in a melancholy and wistful way more than a straightforward "we want you to cry" way (but it does sometimes lay on the melancholy stuff a bit thick).

I actually appreciate that, but I do think the JC staff Tsundere shows gets a very tough treatment sometimes.

They do get flack, but it's not without merit. I mean, they so often tend to distill the subject material down to its most base elements, so even something like Zero no Tsukaima or Shana becomes more obnoxious and shallow than the light novels, which is really a shame. Their adaptations just feel watered down and churned out for mass consumption. Sometimes they get source material even they can't ruin, like Toradora or Nodame Cantabile, but I can't help but wish they would try a bit harder to bring out the life in the stuff they animate.

that little piece of vermin annoys me so much i stopped watching fairy tail

Sorry, but I do not accept any criticism of any work of the brilliant Rie Kugimiya. :P

She is right and you are wrong....despite me not watching very much of that show.

/Sarcasm

It can be, but in a melancholy and wistful way more than a straightforward "we want you to cry" way (but it does sometimes lay on the melancholy stuff a bit thick).

They do get flack, but it's not without merit. I mean, they so often tend to distill the subject material down to its most base elements, so even something like Zero no Tsukaima or Shana becomes more obnoxious and shallow than the light novels, which is really a shame. Their adaptations just feel watered down and churned out for mass consumption. Sometimes they get source material even they can't ruin, like Toradora or Nodame Cantabile, but I can't help but wish they would try a bit harder to bring out the life in the stuff they animate.

It is a very difficult topic, because there is merit to some of the criticism, and I will agree that they have not always done the light novels justice(The ones I've read.....)

But light novels being better must be more of the rule than the exception. You have to take the series for what they are. Zero No Tsukaima was never ever meant to be serious, while something like Shana or Toradora was.

Saito was kinda a lead that reacts like every other guy would...Its not some grand tale, but just something fun, and something where you know everything will be misunderstood.

I see three shows that are very different, both in characters but also in plot and feel.

If they are the same, then a lot of other things would be the same.

But ofcourse you are right, that they are being churned out of mass consumption, but I dare you to find any anime where thats not the case. Everything with anime is fake, and made for mass consumption. Look at how K-On is branded...Look how voice actors put on a personality that isn't their own to conform with what the fans think.

I don't think we disagree that much...I have a lot of things to be critical of, and Shana for instance never really caught me like Toradora or Zero No Tsukaima did, but people have concluded they are the same with little evidence.

You are right about the light novel adaptions.... one of the reasons Toradora works so well is that they are remarkably loyal to the light novels. I felt they did a better job than some of the manga which seemed very repetitive.

@MyInnerFred I want to ask your opinion on this. I just finished rewatching Hyouka yesterday and I got into a discussion with my friends about the ending, what is your personal opinion on the ending?

I'll put this in spoilers althought its technically not a spoiler

I felt that the ending was appropriate and can act as a very good plot device for season 2 if that's ever coming out if not the ending still serves as a way to let the viewers interpret the rest of the story on their own but some people seem to hate the ending with a passion, seeing that you are so into Hyouka, I want to hear what you thought about it

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

Just divert all power to shields. Some people apparently made it out dry, preparation is key! Don't let anyone take you hostage!

Also here's a spoiler free cut in 50 seconds of the above video lol

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

@MyInnerFred I want to ask your opinion on this. I just finished rewatching Hyouka yesterday and I got into a discussion with my friends about the ending, what is your personal opinion on the ending?

I felt that the ending was appropriate and can act as a very good plot device for season 2 if that's ever coming out if not the ending still serves as a way to let the viewers interpret the rest of the story on their own but some people seem to hate the ending with a passion, seeing that you are so into Hyouka, I want to hear what you thought about it

I agree with you. I thought it was fine how it ended. I remember thinking there was other ways they could have ended it too. I would have to rewatch the end to bring it all back.

_request__hyouka_by_krukmeister-d8eykpl%

Blarg

I agree with you. I thought it was fine how it ended. I remember thinking there was other ways they could have ended it too. I would have to rewatch the end to bring it all back.

Great. Now I'm all curious to know what the ending was. Why must you guys ruin my rose-colored work life?

I will go as far as to say that I don't even want a season 2. I think it ended perfectly. Very beautiful.

But it has taken me some time to come to that conclusion, but it fits the anime perfectly.

Just divert all power to shields. Some people apparently made it out dry, preparation is key! Don't let anyone take you hostage!

Also here's a spoiler free cut in 50 seconds of the above video lol

LOL!

I skipped to the end in the original video too, but thanks! I will divert all power to shields before embarking on the mission.

Great. Now I'm all curious to know what the ending was. Why must you guys ruin my rose-colored work life?

Everybody dies horribly....... Oreki finally gets too much of all her jabbing and does a brutal murder/suicide thing.... :P naaah just kidding!

I figured that you and Fred knew eachother before you joined...seemed like that...How could you not have watched the ending yet?

But the ending is good.

_request__hyouka_by_krukmeister-d8eykpl%

If there is a second season I'm fine with the ending if there isn't I wish he would have actually said that at the end.

I figured that you and Fred knew eachother before you joined...seemed like that...How could you not have watched the ending yet?

We do know each other since before this club, but somehow I haven't had time to finish Hyouka (despite recently starting to help scanlate the manga). Weird how these things work out sometimes.

There was this grand space battle and Oreki discovers that Chitanda was a spy for the orcs all along but he decides to ignore the orders of the emperor and flys out in his mech to save her while Satoshi fires photon torpedos from the enterprise destroying earth and saving everyone from their robot overlords so that he can eat his pie.

Blarg

There was this grand space battle and Oreki discovers that Chitanda was a spy for the orcs all along but he decides to ignore the orders of the emperor and flys out in his mech to save her while Satoshi fires photon torpedos from the enterprise destroying earth and saving everyone from their robot overlords so that he can eat his pie.

Ah, ok. As long as there was moar dakka.