Issues with a friends x5950

So I was helping someone with a issue they had on a 5950x, first thing they tried to go into bios for some reason and reset it. Running a dark hero x570 so I had to set the cpu fan to ignore with it having a AIO.

Another issue that cropped up was it being locked to .54mhz and not going above it, also the core voltage wouldn't go above .9. Clearly this isn't right and cinabench r23 multicore was 8000.

Tried several fixes like replacing the power cables, tried new ram, new psu 

Don't have a MB or a another cpu that's compatible. Tried turning off precision boost on both, having on either MB and ryzen master or both on, removed hibernation and tried setting windows power plans to max. Tried updating bios and flashing to a older one.

Tried all three options of manual, auto boost and all presets. Tried linux distribution and a brand new windows one.

Any fixes yall would recommend? Personally I told him to try to reach out to ROG and or amd about replacing them.

Also don't have a picture for cinabench r23, but it was horrible and below a 120$ cpu

20211227_200219.jpg

20211227_195538.jpg

Ryzen Master is showing the CPU boosting to 4.2GHz all core with 1.20625V. The Task Manager picture is irrelevant, as it is at idle. CPUs downclock when not under load, so that behavior is normal for that situation.

Have you looked into thermal issues? What do the temperatures reach under load? And what is the power draw? The top of Ryzen Master can tell you both of these things when running R23.

21 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

Ryzen Master is showing the CPU boosting to 4.2GHz all core with 1.20625V. The Task Manager picture is irrelevant, as it is at idle. CPUs downclock when not under load, so that behavior is normal for that situation.

Have you looked into thermal issues? What do the temperatures reach under load? And what is the power draw? The top of Ryzen Master can tell you both of these things when running R23.

Ryzen master in the current tab was showing the same thing as task manager, the picture was the current profile it should have been set to and was rebooted. Thermals I checked in HWmonitor and it read the same as the built in temp on the cpu cooler. During and idle it was about 30-33c