What’s going on with scalping Ryzen CPU’s?

What the heck is going on with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen Ryzen CPU’s always being scalped? 5000 series is fine on pricing, but especially with Ryzen 3 and 5, are being scalped the heck out of it. The 3300X, a $130  CPU, is $470!!! I am furious at this! Who would buy this, and why?

605B09F1-6B4A-4999-B53B-767B8382621B.jpeg

072A9425-E6DB-4551-8C80-A8523047505F.jpeg

2DEC4091-CCD9-4D4A-8206-F54CBE92F6CD.jpeg

Edited by ebprince the computer nerd
3300x msrp is $130, not $120

how are you doing today

Not unusual for remaining new unused stock of previous-gen OOP parts to get marked up. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Probably because they are old gen and therefore the stock is running low.
And since it's scalping era, they're trying to max profit by increasing it's price.

They forgot scalping only works if there's no other better alternative.
But then again, there will be uninformed people that buy them still somewhat.

Just buy the next gen.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Before the GPU shortages started, you would occasionally run into a situation where someone on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace (or Gumtree or whatever) would try to sell their years-old card for more than its original MSRP because they would do a hasty Google search, see only the marked-up "new old stock" examples being sold, and use that as the benchmark for the card's value. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16