YouTube mobile app corrupted videos

pythonmegapixel

On my Android device (Moto G6) YouTube has started sometimes showing videos in a corrupt-looking way. This takes the form of a green and black pixelated mess through which you can barely see the video being played. Sometimes it's not even the current video I can see, but a freeze frame from the last video to be shown.

It's not every video but it's frequent enough to be annoying

The audio appears to be unaffected

Is there anyone else experiencing this or does anyone have any idea what's happening or how to fix it?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Does this also happen after you have rebooted your phone?

Or after you update to latest version?

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

12 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Does this also happen after you have rebooted your phone?

Or after you update to latest version?

Yes. Have done both since this problem started and it doesn't seem to have made any difference

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Bruh so im not the only one with that issue. Maybe try deleting and re-installing youtube again.