Next Steam Sale

BigChimp97

Hi guys

Some people love em some people hate em, but does anybody know when the next steam sale is going to be? I remember last year that they had one around about Easter time, but im not sure if theyre having one this year? Does anybody have a clue?

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

I'm not sure but allow this to build hype 

-

Well usually the sale in spring is called the "Easter Sale". Easter weekend is this Saturday, Sunday and Monday, so it's going to be very soon, don't worry! I'm hoping to grab Super Meat Boy, Rayman and Stanley Parable for super cheap :D

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

Mmmmm... Hope they have an easter sale. Might have to top up the old bank account with Christmas Money.

I don't know but I sure hope this summer sales better be good, who I am kidding they're always good. :)

Last year they werent very good at all

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

Last year they werent very good at all

There's always an indie game or some AAA title... for me that's enough to be good, but I guess that vary from person to person. 

Spring sale should happen in the next few weeks. but its up to valve.

also "some people hate em" I'd like to meet these people that hate steam sales. I'm not convinced they are real.

Those that like to keep their money ;)

I wasn't aware of an "Easter" sale, but I do know that there is a summer sale in July which will be massive.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

there are smaller autumn and spring sales. 

but I would think cheap/poor people would love steam sales because they can pick up good games for far far less than what they normally go for. 

. maybe some douchbag hipster or an EA suit. so in other words only douchebags would hate steam sales and I know douchebags exist. so OK maybe there are a few people that could "hate" steam sales. but since I can choose who I surround myself with these people don't exist in my world.

I know that nearly everyone loves the sales but there's always that one person that cant keep a hold of his cash and spends more than he was aiming to at the start of the sale, thats what I meant haha :P

also "some people hate em" I'd like to meet these people that hate steam sales. I'm not convinced they are real.

post-42526-0-91806900-1397505339.jpg

People who play consoles. (I personally don't mind consoles BTW)

Probably in the middle of May. I'm citing my ass as the source.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I already own most of the games I want that will be on sale :(

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

I'm guessing it will be at the end of this week for Easter and will last over the weekend.

One of the changes Valve earlier this year was that the publishers of the games are now in charge of sales for their own products. Sales might not be anything like what they were before now that this change has happened. Regardless its the publishers that choose to participate or not in any even that Valve organises, and if they want to put something on sale for Easter then they will.

I can't wait. It's always fun. They usually have an interactive event during the sales too which I enjoy a lot as well.