How do we properly setup a 2 PC streaming setup? Almost there, need microphone help.

So for a early Christmas, I gifted my friend his first real gaming pc. This was a upgrade from his Dell XPS 4K All-in-One he used to daily drive and now things are working much better for him. He was also getting into twitch streaming and Vtubing and his current setup didn't fair that well during Halo Infinite, so I made sure he got a much better upgrade.

Now that he has two PCs, I recommended that he should use his new one for gaming and the other for screen capture, Vtubing, and streaming. I also gifted him a Elgato HD60 to link the two.

We did the basics to connect the two and recording the screen capture and it was a success.... however we found a small problem. How do we set up his mic and headset properly.

Now to anyone just reading, you would think that we are idiots stuck on a somewhst simple problem.. and you may be right. Lmao!

My friend wants to hear and voice the gameplay from his gaming pc and I do not blame him, we want to connect his Yeti mic to the new pc for Discord and for games that require voice chat like Phasmophobia. However how on earth do we have his streaming pc record the input mic audio when it's connected to the gaming pc? Is there a option to pass through the audio through the HDMI so the Elgato can capture it without him hearing himself through his headset? Also how do we get his mic input to work with his Vtuber software?

I honestly know a lot more about hardware and basic software and this is all new to me. Any help is appreciated, and hopefully the solution doesn't cost much or anything.. cause we are broke now for Christmas. Lmao. 

One option I though if is just hosting everything on his new pc, but I want to get this dual setup working to save pc resources for best gameplay and as a learning experience. 

His streaming pc is a Dell XPS All-in-One with i7 6700, 16gb, and a Radeon rx580 8gb.

His new one is a handmade pc with a Ryzen 5 2600x, 32gb ddr4 3200, GTX 1080 8gb on a B450i MSI Gaming Plus ITX motherboard.

Capture card is a Elgato HD60.

... and yes this a repost cause I accidentally posted this in Hobby Electronics. My bad!

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites (because streaming issues, not game issues)

First of all, there's huge reason why dual PC streaming is very rare, even by professional streamers. And that's because of time, effort and issues it has. I would recommend that you try just with new PC and see how it goes. If it looks like there's going to be major issues because lack of performance, then using dual setup might be a solution.

So with audio, there are two ways. Just with Yeti you could connect headphone jack to capture PCs microphone jack. For desktop audio, setting HDMI audio device to listen main audio device will dublicate it.

But as HDMI can only carry one audio channel, using it for both mic and desktop will lose some controls. If that's not problem, you can setup virtual audio cable and combine the desktop audio and mic input into virtual device, then have HDMI listening that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv