200mm fan installation question.

Ashino

Hi, I have a z370 Aorus gaming 7 motherboard and I bought a few of these fans recently https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0787G3W1K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Problem is it comes with a 3 pin connector (probably the LED connector) and a 4-pin connector. I know I can put the 4_pin connector in one of the SYS_FAN1 connectors at the bottom of my case, but I have no clue where that 3 pin is suppose to go. In the manual it says there is a few 3 pin connectors for LED strips at the bottom, but i'm not sure if its correct to put it there. Anyone know where I'm suppose to put this 3 pin connector? here is the mobo's manual.

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_z370-aorus-gaming-7_1003_181029_e.pdf

Gigabyte kinda dont follow the standards.. also RGB fans are risky to buy with a new system cuz they are outdated

but i think

image.png.a02cbc84faecf67ce962a512a8670d6f.png

The LED cable for the fan only has 3 pins and this LED_c1 has 5. Do I just put it anywhere or what?

5 minutes ago, NorKris said:

Gigabyte kinda dont follow the standards.. also RGB fans are risky to buy with a new system cuz they are outdated

but i think

image.png.a02cbc84faecf67ce962a512a8670d6f.png

1 minute ago, Ashino said:

The fan only has 3 pins and LED_C1 has 5, do I just put it anywhere or?

no its 4pin

2 minutes ago, NorKris said:

no its 4pin

right, there are 2 cables, one has 3 pins and the other has 4. I'm assuming that 3 pin is for the LED and that's the cable we're talking about. That LED_c1 has 5 pin. Do I put it in the middle of the 5 pins where its marked RGB or in the beginning or what? Also it says that's for a power strip, does that matter?

2 minutes ago, Ashino said:

right, there are 2 cables, one has 3 pins and the other has 4. I'm assuming that 3 pin is for the LED and that's the cable we're talking about. That LED_c1 has 5 pin. Do I put it in the middle of the 5 pins where its marked RGB or in the beginning or what? Also it says that's for a power strip, does that matter?

W is not needed

image.png

9 minutes ago, NorKris said:

W is not needed

image.png

ok but the LED cable only has 3 pins so it would only go on pin 2,3, and 4?. Is that okay?

6 minutes ago, Ashino said:

ok but the LED cable only has 3 pins so it would only go on pin 2,3, and 4?. Is that okay?

eeheeeh

image.png.08af60be5ba044c4aad03065d95c1dc9.pngimage.png.08af60be5ba044c4aad03065d95c1dc9.png

4PIN LED Cable   did u even read before u hit order? 

7 hours ago, Ashino said:

No, they use different pinouts.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.