Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

new 3090 not detecting multiple displays

compdoc123
 Share

Just completed my new rig and can't get my second display to be detected. The monitor isn't detected in either my display settings or in my nvidia graphics settings.

Current hardware:

GPU: 3090 Ftw3

CPU: 12900K

MOBO: Z690 hero

Current OS: Windows 10 pro

What I have tried:

-Rebooting

-Different display port cables

-Trying HDMI cables

-Using the original motherboard bios as well as flashing to the most recent bios

-Uninstalling and reinstalling my gfx drivers

-Unplugging the second monitor for some time and plugging it back in.

-Trying a different monitor

-attempting to extend the screen with windows+p

-Ensuring my monitor is on the right display input

No matter what, i cannot get my computer to detect my monitor. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

are both monitors plugged into the GPU? dont use the port on the motherboard if you've done that.

 

if that isnt it, try using just your 'second' monitor alone, making it the only one. if it still isnt detected or getting input, it may be the monitor itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, you're going to want to use that second monitor alone to ensure its not just a dead display.

5800x/3090

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the thoughts but tried other monitors and they dont work as well. It seems to be an issue with having multiple displays. 
 

and yes both monitors are plugged into the gpu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, matt0725 said:

are both monitors plugged into the GPU? dont use the port on the motherboard if you've done that.

 

if that isnt it, try using just your 'second' monitor alone, making it the only one. if it still isnt detected or getting input, it may be the monitor itself.

Thanks for the thoughts but tried other monitors and they dont work as well. It seems to be an issue with having multiple displays. 
 

and yes both monitors are plugged into the gpu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, compdoc123 said:

 

Thanks for the thoughts but tried other monitors and they dont work as well. It seems to be an issue with having multiple displays. 
 

and yes both monitors are plugged into the gpu.

To clarify because your post wasn't super clear, you completely unplugged the monitor that WAS working, then ONLY plugged in the monitor that wasn't working and it DID work when plugged in alone? 

5800x/3090

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, rickeo said:

To clarify because your post wasn't super clear, you completely unplugged the monitor that WAS working, then ONLY plugged in the monitor that wasn't working and it DID work when plugged in alone? 

Thanks your right i wasnt clear. I didnt plug in the other one alone which is really dumb now that i think about it. When i plugged it in alone it doesnt turn on. Its a little older of a monitor and it definitely works with my old rig. Could it be yhe age of the monitor? And if so,any idea the fix for it? Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, compdoc123 said:

Thanks your right i wasnt clear. I didnt plug in the other one alone which is really dumb now that i think about it. When i plugged it in alone it doesnt turn on. Its a little older of a monitor and it definitely works with my old rig. Could it be yhe age of the monitor? And if so,any idea the fix for it? Thanks!

If that monitor doesn't turn on at all there is a problem with that display. Do you use the same input on both computers with it? Can you confirm it absolutely does work just fine right now on your old PC?

5800x/3090

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rickeo said:

If that monitor doesn't turn on at all there is a problem with that display. Do you use the same input on both computers with it? Can you confirm it absolutely does work just fine right now on your old PC?

Thats a great question. It does still work on my old rig i checked. I had been using the dvi port on the monitor on my old rig and am now using the display port in the new rig (my old rig doesnt have a displaynport to test. I tried using the hdmi port as well on my new rig and that didnt work (and confirmed the hdmi port worked on the old rig as well).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×