What headphones is Linus currently using for sleeping?

badger85

I'm thinking of trying out some earbuds for sleeping for active noise cancelling. I remember seeing that Linus is already doing this but can't find the latest video where he mentions what he currently uses.

I was wondering if anyone knows or even has any good alternative suggestions for me to research.

18 minutes ago, badger85 said:

I'm thinking of trying out some earbuds for sleeping for active noise cancelling

a rapid reminder that a prolonged use of this device may cause scars on your earlobe (particularly the concha, where the ear canal starts), and you should consider fixing the reason why youre not having a good sleep in other way.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

51 minutes ago, badger85 said:

I'm thinking of trying out some earbuds for sleeping for active noise cancelling. I remember seeing that Linus is already doing this but can't find the latest video where he mentions what he currently uses.

I was wondering if anyone knows or even has any good alternative suggestions for me to research.

i dont know about earbuds that linus use, but i know that there is bose sleepbuds. A guy on youtube called Dankpods has full review on that and i think that would be interest you.

here is the the link to the vid if you might be interest :

my cute beast : i3 - 530 3.2GHz | Gt 240 4gb | msi h55m-e21 | samsung 2x2GB | toshiba 500GB 7200 | greatwall 400W | unknown standart case from 2010 | Lenovo thinksvision L197 | Digital Alliance Meca 8 TKL | Digital Alliance Luna X2 | Shady chinese Headphone (but the sounds is good)

i know its old and have some crappy part, but it can run crysis tho.

5 hours ago, badger85 said:

Either those new LG ones he reviewed last week, or the airpod pros he's been using since getting them.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

There actual medical products for this. So if its something you can't easily fix otherwise, like having to sleep at daytime often, I would first and foremost talk to professional.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

a rapid reminder that a prolonged use of this device may cause scars on your earlobe (particularly the concha, where the ear canal starts), and you should consider fixing the reason why youre not having a good sleep in other way.

My issue is that my girlfriend has a 5 year old. We don't currently live together but whenever she's over I don't sleep well because the child makes too much noise at night and in the morning. This causes me to sleep until late afternoon because i only get to sleep for an hour or 2 at a time before the noise wakes me up again.

Tried earplugs but they don't work too well.. i want to try something comfortable with active noise canceling and see if that helps.

9 hours ago, Video Beagle said:

Either those new LG ones he reviewed last week, or the airpod pros he's been using since getting them.

Those new LG ones are looking pretty good actually..

20 hours ago, badger85 said:

My issue is that my girlfriend has a 5 year old. We don't currently live together but whenever she's over I don't sleep well because the child makes too much noise at night and in the morning. This causes me to sleep until late afternoon because i only get to sleep for an hour or 2 at a time before the noise wakes me up again.

Tried earplugs but they don't work too well.. i want to try something comfortable with active noise canceling and see if that helps.

Not to say they won't work at all, but also keep in mind that active noise cancelling generally works best for constant or constantish noise. Sounds like humming, PC fans, wind perhaps, that sort of noise. Voices, screaming kids, sudden noises etc. don't fall under that.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

You’re right I do notice that I can hear voices when used my over ear Sony xm3 headphones. Those do a very decent job but are impossible to sleep in..

Would avoid leaving earbuds in for 8 hours straight. Kinda asking for ear infections and all sorts of nasty buildup.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

Not to mention clickbots in the middle ear. AA.  Google gaming..