What monitor should I get

Future_Jacob

i want 1440p hdr 144hz and above with adaptive sync unfortunately fining something with all of these and without dipping in response and blur is hard so some suggestions would be nice currently I have these in mind 

TUF Gaming VG27AQ
+hdr( how is this hdr(10) if its DisplayPort 1.2 and only 8bit color)

+Elmb sync

- only 8 bit of color and bad dci p3 coverage 

VX2758-2KP-MHD

+10bit color
-freesync

+95%dci p3 coverage

if you can send me any good monitors that don't break the bank keep in mind that i am Australian 

my system is a 5600x 3060ti 32gb of ram 

2k is 1080p, so literally any panel you want will fit the bill.

Both are in the "okay" range and last-gen options. Give me your budget and i'll see if i can find something better.

16 minutes ago, IPD said:

2k is 1080p, so literally any panel you want will fit the bill.

Judging by the monitors OP suggested the target is 1440p. You're correct in that it isn't 2K though.

One cannot reason with those who don't.

I just have no clue out of those 2 which i should get and 2 how is the first one hdr if its only DisplayPort 1.2

6 hours ago, Future_Jacob said:

I just have no clue out of those 2 which i should get and 2 how is the first one hdr if its only DisplayPort 1.2

Please quote or use @Stahlmann so we can see you replied.

They're both not HDR. They claim HDR support but realistically cannot do anything other than accept the signal. They both lack the required hardware to properly display an HDR image, which is to be expected. Real HDR monitors are $1500+. So for most monitors don't let the HDR certifications influence your buying decision, as they're realistically all useless at HDR either way.

I'd personally not buy any of these two. That is why i asked about your budget to give a better recommendation.

i would like to spend like 300-450 Australian do you think i should save to get a better one 

22 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Please quote or use @Stahlmann so we can see you replied.

They're both not HDR. They claim HDR support but realistically cannot do anything other than accept the signal. They both lack the required hardware to properly display an HDR image, which is to be expected. Real HDR monitors are $1500+. So for most monitors don't let the HDR certifications influence your buying decision, as they're realistically all useless at HDR either way.

I'd personally not buy any of these two. That is why i asked about your budget to give a better recommendation.

43 minutes ago, Future_Jacob said:

i would like to spend like 300-450 Australian do you think i should save to get a better one 

You can get the Gigabyte M27Q at the top end of your budget. It's a great value monitor. That would be my pick atm.

Gigabyte M27Q 27.0" 2560x1440 170 Hz Monitor (M27Q) - PCPartPicker

its about 470 in Australia unlike Dell S2722DGM that is only 379 
the Gigabyte M27Q is only 8 bit colour is that much of a big deal? over 10bit

2 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

You can get the Gigabyte M27Q at the top end of your budget. It's a great value monitor. That would be my pick atm.

Gigabyte M27Q 27.0" 2560x1440 170 Hz Monitor (M27Q) - PCPartPicker

3 minutes ago, Future_Jacob said:

its about 470 in Australia unlike Dell S2722DGM that is only 379 
the Gigabyte M27Q is only 8 bit colour is that much of a big deal? over 10bit

8bit or 10bit doesn't really matter. It starts to matter to some degree when it comes to HDR, but realistically monitors in this price range aren't HDR either way.

The Gigabyte has an IPS panel, better colors, better response times, no curve and some nice features like a close-to-perfect sRGB mode an an integrated KVM switch. I'd say it's well worth the extra $100.

2 hours ago, Future_Jacob said:

also according 2 

it has hdr 400

Yeah but if you watched the review you know that it's basically as useless as it gets in terms of "HDR certifications". But there isn't really any monitor that has real HDR unless you're ready to spend $1500 or more.

In Australia Dell S2721DGF is the best value monitor when it's on sale. Overall performance is better than M27Q but no KVM switch. Currently you could get one for $476 right now on eBay, although I've seen price dropped to $395 couple weeks ago.

PC spec: CPU: RYZEN 9 5950X | GPU: SAPPHIRE NITRO+ SE AMD RADEON 6900XT (Undervolt to 1045mV) | MB: MSI MAG TOMAHAWK x570 RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z NEO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 (OC to 3800 14-15-15-25) COOLING: NOCTUA NH-D15, BE QUIET! SILENT WINGS 120 & 140mm| CASE: IN-WIN 707 | 5.25" BAY: LG WH16NS60 INTERNAL BLU-RAY OPTICAL DRIVE | PSU: SEASONIC PRIME PLATINUM 1000WUPS: POWERSHIELD COMMANDER TOWER 1100VA

PERIPHERALS: KEYBOARD: CORSAIR K95 PLATINUM XT BROWN SWITCH | MOUSE: CORSAIR SABRE PRO WIRELESS | CONTROLLER: PDP AFTERGLOW WIRED CONTROLLER, DUALSENSE
DISPLAYS: LG 34GN8502x DELL S2721DGF | LG C1 48" 

HT & audio stuff:  AVR: MARANTZ SR7013 | STEREO AMPLIFIER: YAMAHA AS-501 | SPEAKERS: DALI OBERON 7 & DALI ZENSOR 1 & 2x SVS-SB2000 | HEADPHONE DAC+AMP: TOPPING L30+E30 | HEADPHONE: SENNHEISER HD6XX, BOSE QUIETCOMFORT 35 II | MICROPHONE: AUDIO-TECHNICA AT9934USB | BLU-RAY PLAYER: PANASONIC UB820

On 12/10/2021 at 8:22 AM, Future_Jacob said:

i would like it if it wasn't curved 

You and I live in entirely different universes.

• 3 weeks later...

well i ended up getting it for sale i think $322 thank for all the help

On 12/12/2021 at 1:13 AM, IPD said:

You and I live in entirely different universes.

It seems like you live in a different universe than most people i know. That's not meant to offend, but you're the first person i ever saw that is this adamant on having a curved display.

curved are nice if all you do is gaming but if your say watching from your bed it can look off 

2 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

It seems like you live in a different universe than most people i know. That's not meant to offend, but you're the first person i ever saw that is this adamant on having a curved display.

That's because most people haven't tried using their PC with a large size display--let alone a curved one that wasn't for gaming (read 2500r+).

It's like trying to convince people at the dawn of the internet--that the internet is the future.  Few are going to believe you about some "gimmick"--and most haven't tried it. 

6 minutes ago, IPD said:

That's because most people haven't tried using their PC with a large size display--let alone a curved one that wasn't for gaming (read 2500r+).

It's like trying to convince people at the dawn of the internet--that the internet is the future.  Few are going to believe you about some "gimmick"--and most haven't tried it. 

I had flat displays, slightly curved ones (2300R), heavliy curved ones (1000R), big displays and small displays anywhere in between 17" and 65". Currently have a 55" TV that is only about 1.5 m away from my sitting position. I'm glad LG hasn't introduced any kind of curve. I just don't see how a curve - even if it's just a slight one - would add any value. The currently most used display technologies (and upcoming ones) have good enough viewing angles that this is no longer a reason to introduce one. So why in the heck would you want to make any more effort to make the display more complex than it already is while also warping the image - however slight it is. All this while also introducing other issues like worse uniformity, etc.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I for my part think that the current "rejection" of curved displays is (for the most part) going in the right direction. You can gladly go on with your crusade for curved big-format displays.

Yep agree to disagree. 

It's not about viewing angle; it's about symmetric-sized display peripherals.  Curvature is how you keep a display that looks 20" tall in the center--looking 20" tall at the edges (from the viewer's perspective).

You're also in the vast minority if you've used both curved displays and large form factor ones; no more qualified than I am to make blanket statements--let alone authoritative ones on market demands.

100% disagree on "Flat" displays as moving in the right direction.  Cannot be overstated how wrong this is.  Flat displays have been and continue to still be a thing; and if that's your cup of tea--I'm happy that you have a lot of choices.  Those who want curved displays don't even have choices in many respects.  So I'll thank you to STFU on hating on curved displays.  Why is it always the people WITH a myriad of choices act like those whose tastes differ--shouldn't even have alternate options.  Regardless of price. 

A 50", 5120x2160, 120hz, 3000r is something I would pay $2,000-$2,500 for.  This does not exist as an option; regardless of price.

On 12/29/2021 at 8:55 PM, IPD said:

It's not about viewing angle; it's about symmetric-sized display peripherals.  Curvature is how you keep a display that looks 20" tall in the center--looking 20" tall at the edges (from the viewer's perspective).

That is only true if you do not move - at all. If you lean or move in any direction you instantly lose that advantage. Idk about you but i do not sit still the whole day. With a 3000R curve you'll have to sit exactly 3m away from the screen so all corners are the same distance to your eyes. You can argue all you want but 3m is not a realistic distance for a desktop monitor, so i don't get where your 3000R thing is coming from. Maybe TV's where 3m is a more realistic distance?

On 12/29/2021 at 8:55 PM, IPD said:

Why is it always the people WITH a myriad of choices act like those whose tastes differ--shouldn't even have alternate options.  Regardless of price.

I'm myself in a very niche userbase, basically only looking at real HDR monitors for my options. This market segment also comes down to very few choices, with even fewer actually being good while also being overly expensive. I'm simply not interested in a non-HDR display, no matter how good it is. But still, you don't hear me saying HDR displays are the only way forward. I never said you shouldn't have options. I merely try to state why i think it is that there are no options and why i think it makes sense.

And i wouldn't describe what i'm doing as "hating curved displays". Hating is not the same as arguing, but that's something the internet often forgets.

3000r isn't going to bother you if you move around.  I should know.  And I'm sitting closer than 3m; meaning that I'd be more apt to notice oblique angles effects.  Nor can the argument be leveled against multiple-display configurations, as people "move around" when they use those too.  My experience has been that the gentle curve means that the near edge doesn't look distorted at all, and the far edge doesn't cause strain or distortion either.  But I wouldn't expect any anomalies; the 36" of horizontal only recedes about 1-2" max at the center.  Comfortable, but not pronounced.