PC won’t start at all after cable management please help

iW1CKED

*** FIXED ***

Hello. 

I had a perfectly working PC that I built into a new case which worked completely fine. I decided to do some cable management since it was a mess back there. After doing the management my PC doesn’t want to boot up at all anymore. No fans, no leds, no lights or sounds of any sort are coming out of my PC anymore. Please help me!

Things I’ve tried:
- Re-attaching everything and making sure the ATX + GPU + 24 pin is connected fully
- Trying a different old PSU
- CPU fan header connected fully and re-attached

FIX:

So after about an hour of stressing and frustration I finally got it up and running. Turns out the INSIDE of the ATX cables were dislodged a bit so I pushed the INSIDE of the outer black/yellow cables to the port and voila it magically started running again. Looks like the cables could get messy/stretched even if you do such a simple task that is cable managing.

Edited by iW1CKED
PROBLEM SOLVED

Welcome to the forums!
Make sure it's plugged in, power supply is switched on. (Probably so, but you'd be surprised how many issues are that simple)

Power button on the right header on the board? Try shorting it with a fork/screwdriver/metal object of choice and see if it turns on

21 minutes ago, iW1CKED said:

Hello. 

I had a perfectly working PC that I built into a new case which worked completely fine. I decided to do some cable management since it was a mess back there. After doing the management my PC doesn’t want to boot up at all anymore. No fans, no leds, no lights or sounds of any sort are coming out of my PC anymore. Please help me!

Things I’ve tried:
- Re-attaching everything and making sure the ATX + GPU + 24 pin is connected fully
- Trying a different old PSU
- CPU fan header connected fully and re-attached

so even with a completely different psu and cables, no start? or is it a different psu with the same cables(modular)? have you tried jumping the front panel pwr pins with a screw driver to rule out a bad power switch?

21 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

so even with a completely different psu and cables, no start? or is it a different psu with the same cables(modular)? have you tried jumping the front panel pwr pins with a screw driver to rule out a bad power switch?

Yes a different company psu with no success, I just tried jumping the pwr puns with a screw driver and no success, i am so frusturated

23 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Welcome to the forums!
Make sure it's plugged in, power supply is switched on. (Probably so, but you'd be surprised how many issues are that simple)

Power button on the right header on the board? Try shorting it with a fork/screwdriver/metal object of choice and see if it turns on

I’ve tried everything you listed, nothing..

Well I dont know exactly what you did but whenever this happens to me it's something simple I forgot. Reseat all the power cables in both ends, make sure the cables are connected to the correct spots on the PSU if it's modular, reseat the gpu... Does your gpu have power led? does it light up?

Just now, aDoomGuy said:

Well I dont know exactly what you did but whenever this happens to me it's something simple I forgot. Reseat all the power cables in both ends, make sure the cables are connected to the correct spots on the PSU if it's modular, reseat the gpu... Does your gpu have power led? does it light up?

So after about an hour of stressing and frustration I finally got it up and running. Turns out the INSIDE of the ATX cables were dislodged a bit so I pushed the INSIDE of the outer black/yellow cables to the port and voila it magically started running again. Looks like the cables could get messy/stretched even if you do such a simple task that is cable managing.

31 minutes ago, iW1CKED said:

You mean the cable was pulled out of the connector thing? Yes that may happen if the cable gets pulled or twisted. The cable to the RGB controller or what it was on my case arrived like that hehe.

Oh well. Good to know it's fixed. 🙂