How to I setup an ssd on a pc?

SamHeen
Go to solution Solved by Altecice,

Most SSD's you buy today will come with some sort of cloning software included. 

I have a pc that is about 2 years old and so I already have a sizeable amount of games and apps. It only has a 1tb HDD so storage is getting full so I'm getting a 1tb SSD(not sure which one yet) so that I can load everything faster. How do I set it up? As in is there a fast way to transfer all game files to the ssd and what do I do to make my pc startup faster using the ssd?

You can use software such as easeus (paid) or other alternatives to clone everthing on the drive, meaning you won't even notice that anything is different (in terms of files, software etc)

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

1 hour ago, RTX 3090 said:

You can use software such as easeus (paid) or other alternatives to clone everthing on the drive, meaning you won't even notice that anything is different (in terms of files, software etc)

ok and will that automatically speed up my pc startup and app startups?

@RTX 3090

2 hours ago, SamHeen said:

ok and will that automatically speed up my pc startup and app startups?

Yes, everything will be siginifxanlty faster than a hard drive, including stratup, app loading times, game loading times, and responsiveness etc

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

Most SSD's you buy today will come with some sort of cloning software included. 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)